do people still party in med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:confused:

You're mister party-hardy, huh? I may be wrong by the sound of the thread, but I would think, being around patients and such, that med students would be drug tested. No skin off my back if they do, but it seems stupid to mess with that regardless.

are there drug tests in med school?

Members don't see this ad.

Actually, people in med school seem to avoid dating class mates for the most part. Kind of like kissing your sister, I guess.

haha wow i figured u got to know people pretty well, but not like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
What about hooking up with your classmates. Do med students do that as much in med school as in undergrad? I plan on hitting on all of my lady classmates:smuggrin:
oh boy, medcest has run rampant in my class. Of my class of 100 students, there have been 16 intraclass couples...in other words, 1/3 of the class is dating each other. And that's not even including the random hookups. Surprisingly, most have survived through much of 2nd year.

oh boy, medcest has run rampant in my class. Of my class of 100 students, there have been 16 intraclass couples...in other words, 1/3 of the class is dating each other. And that's not even including the random hookups. Surprisingly, most have survived through much of 2nd year.
now that's the kind of school I wanna go to. :thumbup:

are there drug tests in med school?

I know Mt. Sinai requires one prior to matriculation. I got the whole shebang of warnings and urinalysis forms along with my acceptance letter.

I know Mt. Sinai requires one prior to matriculation. I got the whole shebang of warnings and urinalysis forms along with my acceptance letter.

This is easy to work around though, just get someone else to pee in a cup for you. It's only when they start watching you give the urine sample that you're in trouble.

But I should call my potential schools and find out their policies on drug testing. This could very well be the deciding factor of where I end up. :laugh:

You have to realize that the average med student is considerably nerdier than the average college student.

Haha . . . this is very true. Just wait till you go out with a bunch of med school people and some other friends. I have a non-med gf, and when she comes out with us and some of her friends they look at each other like WTF are they talking about?