Do Pharm students write a lot of essays?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pandasweetie

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I am applying to a pre-pharmacy/ pharmacy school and i was just wondering whether pre adn pharm studnets have to write a lot of papers in your classes? or is it mostly lab write-ups?

Just want to know so i can look foward to writing essays that take me forever to write. 😳
 
I haven't done a single lab write up. So far, I have completed a literature review, SOAP notes, and a business plan.
 
I don't remember what I did during pre-pharm, it seems so long ago! As for pharmacy school, we didn't have to write all that much. We did things like the previous poster mentioned, but there were never any huge reports/essays that we had to do. (well, maybe a couple, but it was definitely not very often at all)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Your going to def have essays in English 1 & 2. I also had a formal lab report in chem 1.
 
I haven't written lab reports at all. We did some papers in our law class as well as our communications class and thats about it. Most of the writing is for care plans, follow ups, etc.
 
In pre-pharmacy I had to write formal lab write-ups in both semesters of Organic Chemistry, and a couple of times in General Chemistry. Then of course I had to write for my 2 english classes.

However, since being in pharmacy school, most of the writing I do is for other things, such as articles in newsletters and such, but are not required for my classes. I have only had to write 2-3 actual papers for class and then of of course care plans and such for patient care labs.