Do Pre-Reqs affect Interview Decisions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KTH55

Reaction score
I have my BSc. from a Canadian institution; Canadian med schools don't have pre-req courses, so I never really thought about them. Unfortunately, I only took 1 general (inorganic) chemistry, but I have all the other DO pre-reqs.

Would missing 1 pre-req course immediately invalidate my application? Would I not get secondaries or an interview because of that? I'm open to doing an online course, but obviously I'll submit my app's before that happens. Any advice is appreciated!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can get acceptances without pre-reqs complete, although it is up to schools as to when they must be complete by. Schools can and will rescind acceptances if you fail to complete pre-reqs in time. Some schools might not like online pre-reqs either. Do your homework on each school before applying to them.

I have my BSc. from a Canadian institution; Canadian med schools don't have pre-req courses, so I never really thought about them. Unfortunately, I only took 1 general (inorganic) chemistry, but I have all the other DO pre-reqs.

Would missing 1 pre-req course immediately invalidate my application? Would I not get secondaries or an interview because of that? I'm open to doing an online course, but obviously I'll submit my app's before that happens. Any advice is appreciated!

Thank you!
What's wrong with going to a Canadian med school? I've worked with Canadian physicians and they are very well trained