Do programs contact our LOR writers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nikitha Ram

Reaction score
Hey everyone... Just wondering if residency programs contact our lor writers? Any inputs appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
“Ever” is a very long time, so the answer is yes.

probably more common if your writer is well known In the field or if your field is very small.

probably more common if your writer is well known In the field or if your field is very small.
Or if there are discrepancies in your CV, like stellar Step scores but crap LORs or MSPE...or vice versa.

EDIT: And "ever" is in fact a very long time. Note to future posters, if your question includes that word, the answer will be yes, since the universe is very old and the likelihood that something has "ever" happened approaches 100%. Consider reformulating your question to get the actual answer you're looking for.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Thanks for the input.... Was asking as I doubt if one of my letter writer would actually remember me as it's been a while since I worked with him!

Thanks for the input.... Was asking as I doubt if one of my letter writer would actually remember me as it's been a while since I worked with him!
Was the LOR spectacularly good or bad? Those are the reasons people will check with the writer. Everybody knows that the same half dozen people in any given med school are asked by dozens of students for LORs each year.

Was the LOR spectacularly good or bad? Those are the reasons people will check with the writer. Everybody knows that the same half dozen people in any given med school are asked by dozens of students for LORs each year.
Thanks for the response... The LOR was pretty good... And he had mentioned multiple times that I was doing a very good job... He would definitely recognize me in person but not really sure if he would remember my name!

Plenty of things to worry about in the world. Global warming. The collapse of the US dollar. Baby seals being clubbed to death.

This is not one of them.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users