Do programs look at step 3 ck when ranking?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BobABooey

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a rads-bound fourth year, just submitted my ROL Wed. night-- I was wondering if anyone knows about how much programs, especially top ones, consider step 2 ck scores in making their rank list?

Pretty competitive applicant to start with (step 1 251/99, 6/7 honors in core clerkships at top 40 school, good recs, some research but no publications) and interviews went pretty well.

I got step 2 ck scores back in the middle of interviews, but well enough before ROL time to inform all programs I interviewed at in my "thank you/I will rank you highly" letters. I rocked ck -272/99. Wondering if this helps ensure me a spot at top of my list or if its more about the impression I made on interviews at this point? Thanks in advance for any thoughts...

Members don't see this ad.

...Sorry, I meant step 2 ck in the above post :oops:. Maybe it will entice more people to answer out of curiosity...

I'm in the same boat, waiting to match. Like you, I wish they would take Step II into account, but the vibe I got was that it didn't matter much.

FWIW, there were 7 of us applying to rads at my school this year, and 4 of us broke 270 on Step II. The other 3 broke 260. Not to say your score isn't impressive, its just not all that uncommon among rads applicants. Hence, even if programs consider it, it won't make much difference at the top programs anyway.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same boat, waiting to match. Like you, I wish they would take Step II into account, but the vibe I got was that it didn't matter much.

FWIW, there were 7 of us applying to rads at my school this year, and 4 of us broke 270 on Step II. The other 3 broke 260. Not to say your score isn't impressive, its just not all that uncommon among rads applicants. Hence, even if programs consider it, it won't make much difference at the top programs anyway.

Good luck!

same situation at my school...

Damn, and here I was thinking I was special-- special among most applicants maybe= relatively commonplace in rads, I guess ...

...you mean all I have to rely on is people's remembrance of my scintillating personality? :eek: Uh-oh! haha