Do programs send out Interviews in groups?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rirriri

easy
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
for example: If other people (who sent in their ERAS apps. at a similar time) are getting interviews from a certain program and I haven't recieved one from them yet, does that mean that i'm not getting one from them??

does it make any difference that i'm an IMG and they are AMGs? what I mean is that do programs send out invites to AMGs first and then to IMGs?

cheers and thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think there is any doubt that programs prefer AMGs to IMGs if they have a choice. And yes, programs tend to send out interview offers in groups. I even got a mass email from a program so I know who else got interview offers.

They do tend to send out invites in groups, for certain dates. But just because others have received invites doesn't mean you're dead in the water - they may very well prefer AMGs and your application could be on hold.

It ain't over until ROL day. So don't give up just yet.

thanks very much for the replies.

yeah, i was reading somewhere that most programs only expect about 50% of their interview offers to actually result in an interview of that student, hence some send out invites to US students first to see how many reply by scheduling an interview.....if this is true, then they probably mail out the IMG invites afterwards....makes sense.

CHEERS!