1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

DO questions

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by sandj9397, Feb 11, 2001.

1. sandj9397

sandj9397 Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi guys,

I am interested in applying to DO schools.I am a second year in podiatry. The school stinks and the future of the profession does not look too rosy. Besides I want the freedom and the oppurtunity to become a complete physician. I have done quite a bit of research into allopathic and osteopathic medicine. My grades are more competitve for DO school(3.45GPA and a 27 MCAT) One question: Do HMOs view Mds and Dos as equals payment wise? I know everything else is almost parallel.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MSafur

MSafur Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Yes, HMOs and other commercial insurance carriers as well as Medicare treat MDs and DOs the same way when it comes to reimbursement. I work in an office with MDs and DOs and they get the same amounts from Oxford, Aetna, Vytra, UNHC, etc....

Reimbursement depends on two things.....ICD-9 diagnosis codes and CPT billing codes.

4. Pathologist

Pathologist Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Sorry, this doesn't answer your question. I have a question for you. Why don't you like podiatry school? Which school do you attend? Thanks [​IMG]

5. sandj9397

sandj9397 Member
    10+ Year Member

NYCPM, the facilities, curriculum and the enviroment combine to create a pathetic educational expierience. For the same reasons students across the nation do not. 33% decline in applicants across the nation. The schools do not even have enough APPLICANTS to fill seats in the schools.