DO questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sandj9397

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am interested in applying to DO schools.I am a second year in podiatry. The school stinks and the future of the profession does not look too rosy. Besides I want the freedom and the oppurtunity to become a complete physician. I have done quite a bit of research into allopathic and osteopathic medicine. My grades are more competitve for DO school(3.45GPA and a 27 MCAT) One question: Do HMOs view Mds and Dos as equals payment wise? I know everything else is almost parallel.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, HMOs and other commercial insurance carriers as well as Medicare treat MDs and DOs the same way when it comes to reimbursement. I work in an office with MDs and DOs and they get the same amounts from Oxford, Aetna, Vytra, UNHC, etc....

Reimbursement depends on two things.....ICD-9 diagnosis codes and CPT billing codes.

Originally posted by sandj9397:
Hi guys,

I am interested in applying to DO schools.I am a second year in podiatry. The school stinks and the future of the profession does not look too rosy. Besides I want the freedom and the oppurtunity to become a complete physician. I have done quite a bit of research into allopathic and osteopathic medicine. My grades are more competitve for DO school(3.45GPA and a 27 MCAT) One question: Do HMOs view Mds and Dos as equals payment wise? I know everything else is almost parallel.

Sorry, this doesn't answer your question. I have a question for you. Why don't you like podiatry school? Which school do you attend? Thanks
smile.gif

Originally posted by Pathologist:
Sorry, this doesn't answer your question. I have a question for you. Why don't you like podiatry school? Which school do you attend? Thanks
smile.gif

NYCPM, the facilities, curriculum and the enviroment combine to create a pathetic educational expierience. For the same reasons students across the nation do not. 33% decline in applicants across the nation. The schools do not even have enough APPLICANTS to fill seats in the schools.