Does your school let you see which test questions you missed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WannaBeAnMD1212

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm an OMS-II and I am so curious about what, if any, access your class has to reviewing tests and questions you missed after the test.

My class is continually told that we are so fortunate to be able to see which test questions we missed because most medical schools don't do this. But I just wanted to know if that is actually the case!

We use examplify for our exams and the school gives us temporary access to any questions we missed a few days after the test if we want. These reviews are on campus for up to an hour (in a monitored room where we can't write anything down or use our phones or even wear a watch in the room). Is this similar for other schools, or are we truly that fortunate? I've found that seeing the silly mistakes I made on tests is incredibly helpful for future tests and for solidifying the material a bit more. Sometimes the main point of the question flies right over my head and getting a chance to read the rationale shows me where my thinking led me astray.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi everybody,

I'm an OMS-II and I am so curious about what, if any, access your class has to reviewing tests and questions you missed after the test.

My class is continually told that we are so fortunate to be able to see which test questions we missed because most medical schools don't do this. But I just wanted to know if that is actually the case!

We use examplify for our exams and the school gives us temporary access to any questions we missed a few days after the test if we want. These reviews are on campus for up to an hour (in a monitored room where we can't write anything down or use our phones or even wear a watch in the room). Is this similar for other schools, or are we truly that fortunate? I've found that seeing the silly mistakes I made on tests to be incredibly helpful for future tests and for solidifying the material a bit more.
State MD school. we also use examplify. Yeah, we have scheduled review sessions after tests where we get to go over questions for 1-2 hours for every class. I would only hope that is pretty standard at schools. It wouldn't help anyone to not let them review their exams lmao

Reactions: 2 users
State MD school. we also use examplify. Yeah, we have scheduled review sessions after tests where we get to go over questions for 1-2 hours for every class. I would only hope that is pretty standard at schools. It wouldn't help anyone to not let them review their exams lmao
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my question...I am genuinely so interested to know how exams are treated across the country in medical schools. Last year when we took our exams virtually because of COVID, we didn't even have the option to review what we got wrong and I think that was majorly to the detriment of the students.

This makes me feel a little less crazy. Thank you again for your response!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure that other schools that use NBME exam questions like mine don't allow students to see them after

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sure that other schools that use NBME exam questions like mine don't allow students to see them after
I believe that my school does this (although I'm not positive), but why do you say this? What is the harm in letting us review these questions? I feel like that would be ultra valuable, especially when preparing for boards

At TUNCOM we don't get to see the examplify post-exam review, the assumption being that someone would start a Q bank of old test questions and pass it on to the next yr. I have no doubt this would happen and probably already does. We don't get review sessions either because classes past used them as heckle for points back sessions. Or so we're told.

TCOM does not allow this. We only get to review the examplify report.

For one class we're allowed to see our stats for a specific professor. Anatomy lecture we get to see the questions we got wrong (in a proctored environment similar to yours.

KCOM does not allow this. We were sent a report about the topic we missed. It was useless.

Reactions: 1 users
At TUNCOM we don't get to see the examplify post-exam review, the assumption being that someone would start a Q bank of old test questions and pass it on to the next yr. I have no doubt this would happen and probably already does. We don't get review sessions either because classes past used them as heckle for points back sessions. Or so we're told.
The post exam review we do at my school is more secure than the exam itself. Two passwords instead of just one, etc.

Reactions: 1 users
Similar at my school

KCU-COM, we are given a 10 minute review after the written exams to go over all the wrong answers, no matter the amount of questions or amount of wrong questions for the test. This is the only time we are able to see it. For practicals, usually a week after the practical, we get an hour to review as the anatomy TAs go through a slideshow of the picture they took of the tags. We also get a report of the topics that we did good or bad in.

I believe that my school does this (although I'm not positive), but why do you say this? What is the harm in letting us review these questions? I feel like that would be ultra valuable, especially when preparing for boards
mostly because the exams are administered via an official NBME platform (directly through the organization) and they probably recycle the questions. So it's not really our school prohibiting us from viewing the questions but the NBME organization itself. We do get a score report though which shows our score percentile and strengths/weaknesses among different subjects.

We see what questions we missed but that's it. We don't get the answer choices, actual correct answers, or review sessions for the most part. Only our first block had any sort of review of commonly missed questions.

DO student, we use Examplify and have scheduled reviews usually ~1 hour after the exam/quiz ends. You can only see the questions you got wrong and you can't take pics or write anything down about the questions, but you do get the entire question stem and all answer choices, and you can look at other peoples' screens and discuss the questions together

DO student, we use Examplify and have scheduled reviews usually ~1 hour after the exam/quiz ends. You can only see the questions you got wrong and you can't take pics or write anything down about the questions, but you do get the entire question stem and all answer choices, and you can look at other peoples' screens and discuss the questions together
basically the same thing at acom

edit: although I should note that we see all the questions, not just the ones we got wrong

Last edited:
MSUCOM also uses Examplify and we get a scheduled review session to look at what questions we got wrong.

If you want to go over things you missed at my school, I think you can do it if you make an appointment with the professor and do it in his/her office, in a supervised environment. I never got to see what the right answers were to any of my tests because I wasn’t interest in making an appointment to do so.