DO rads residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lisa_OSU

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those DO residents out there -- any thoughts on the reputations of the DO radiology programs? I've asked around during clinicals, but there isn't much information about the different programs. Specifically, does anybody know anything about UMDNJ, St Barnabas, Michigan, or Tulsa?

Also, the general feeling seems to be that allopathic programs are better than osteopathic programs. As a DO student, I would like to stay with DO residencies if I could, but I also want the best training I can get.

Any info would be appreciated. Please feel free to PM if you don't want to post candid responses in open forum!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I would never bad mouth a D.O. rads residency program because I have met some outstanding D.O. radiologists (in my 4th year med student opinion) who have been trained by such programs. The problem for me with D.O. residencies in general was the paperwork chase, nightmare, juggle, shuffle:eek: , and the limited number of spots/programs available.

As for the "best training possible," a lot of it comes down to the time you put in the books, outside of regular resident duties. This holds especially true for Radiology, where a significant amount of study is required away from the view boxes.