Do regionally accredited college courses transfer to other regions?

Started by Joleybear
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Joleybear

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For example, I live in Chicago. My colleges are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Will my courses transfer to regionally accredited institutions in Florida?
 
You should e-mail the universities in Florida to see if they do. They might just need a copy of your transcripts and they should be able to tell you before you transfer anything.
 
You should e-mail the universities in Florida to see if they do. They might just need a copy of your transcripts and they should be able to tell you before you transfer anything.
It seems they will! I asked through e-mail if I could take my last course online through the University of Pheonix (also accredited by the Higher Learning Commission) and they said it is fine. 🙂 Thanks for the reply!