DO School Rankings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cougardiver

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where we can find information on DO School rankings?

Members don't see this ad.

no and no one does.

There is no official ranking of DO schools.

If you want to hear the biased opinions of SDNers, I suggest using the search function.

Members don't see this ad :)
no and no one does.

There is no official ranking of DO schools.

If you want to hear the biased opinions of SDNers, I suggest using the search function.

Thank you for your post. I have quite enjoyed the biased opinions of the search function already, but was hoping for something with a little more credibility. Too bad that an official ranking does not exist.

Have a great weekend everyone and thank you!

I thought Princeton COM was #1. I think those two alternate every year. Just goes to show how jaded and erroneous the statistics are.

I totally agree. They are all biased, and to some degree are based more on advertising dollars than anything else. That said, perception is nine tenth's of the law, so as I face some tough decisions in the coming weeks, I was just looking for a starting point. I'll starting looking through COMLEX/USMLE scores and first preference match rates instead. I think I saw someone post a table of those recently.

Too bad for me it isn't as easy as keeping my family in Des Moines...I'm moving no matter where I go to school :)

I totally agree. They are all biased, and to some degree are based more on advertising dollars than anything else. That said, perception is nine tenth's of the law, so as I face some tough decisions in the coming weeks, I was just looking for a starting point. I'll starting looking through COMLEX/USMLE scores and first preference match rates instead. I think I saw someone post a table of those recently.

Too bad for me it isn't as easy as keeping my family in Des Moines...I'm moving no matter where I go to school :)

lol. in all seriousness, people claim that the rankings are basically the dates they were opened. as the in the first 5 or so are top tier, the next chunk is middle, and the newest are bottom tier, however this definitely isn't universal (or even close to it).

lol. in all seriousness, people claim that the rankings are basically the dates they were opened. as the in the first 5 or so are top tier, the next chunk is middle, and the newest are bottom tier, however this definitely isn't universal (or even close to it).
Yeah no definitive way of ranking, you can look at board scores but it really comes down to how the school fits for you. Plus until you are accepted, any school that accepts you turns into #1.

People usually say that going to Osteopathic programs associated with state Universities is the top rank, but there is no real way to rank because they would be meaningless. It's better to go about campuses that you feel will train you better, take you to your goal, and make you happiest being there.

Better OPTI = better school. Period.

That's right, I went there.

oh+no+you+didn't.jpg

I dont even need to make a joke here. The image says harvard and that guy just looks like pure elitist evil. (I'm sure he's a nice guy in real life, but that image screams evil super villain)

r-BEST-MED-SCHOOLS-large570.jpg

EDIT: okay. I'll give a punchline. The best DO school is the one that turns you into a supervillain like this guy.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You're high if you think there are tiers amongst DO schools. The idea of a "more prestigious" or "less prestigious" DO school is an oxymoron in both instances.

Does anyone know where we can find information on DO School rankings?

1. TCOM
2. TCOM
3. TCOM
4. TCOM
5. TCOM
6. TCOM
7. TCOM
8. TCOM
9. TCOM
10. TCOM

Of course my perspective could change in the winter. The best medical school is the one that accepts you :laugh:

rankings are subjective, whether we're talking med schools, law schools or whatever. OP just go to the school that you HONESTLY think will give you the best opportunity to reach your full potential as a physician. at the end of the day, you want to have the confidence to stand in front of your patient and successfully diagnose and treat dysfunction.

rankings are subjective, whether we're talking med schools, law schools or whatever. OP just go to the school that you HONESTLY think will give you the best opportunity to reach your full potential as a physician. at the end of the day, you want to have the confidence to stand in front of your patient and successfully diagnose and treat dysfunction.

lol at the dysfunction part, an OMM Professor in the making.

lol at the dysfunction part, an OMM Professor in the making.

Iol i was going to say disease but then again I've been reading a lot of literature on OMM, different techniques and whatnot..had an awesome chance to sit in a lecture with OMM fellows...this stuff is starting to wear on me a little though the cranial stuff is totally bizarre..

the good thing about OMM training in my eyes (2hrs/wk at my future school): gaining a more sensitive touch through palpation techniques, being able to better localize somatic dysfunction on a patient...

Not sure about overall rankings but the top tier is probably a tie between both
1) A.T Still's Southeastern Lake Philadelphia College of Rocky Osteopathic Dentistry and Touro Medicine
and
2) Edward Via Debusk Heritage University of New Pacific Health Sciences Institute of Technology, specifically Bradengeorgia campus

Other than this aforementioned "god tier," no use ranking the rest. Rankings are pretty useless/only meant to stroke ego's/will have little impact on your actual medical education. Just go to a school, learn, and practice medicine

1) A.T Still's Southeastern Lake Philadelphia College of Rocky Osteopathic Dentistry and Touro Medicine
and
2) Edward Via Debusk Heritage University of New Pacific Health Sciences Institute of Technology, specifically Bradengeorgia campus

Other than this aforementioned "god tier," no use ranking the rest. Rankings are pretty useless/only meant to stroke ego's/will have little impact on your actual medical education. Just go to a school, learn, and practice medicine

Not gonna lie, that was pretty clever. :highfive:

:laugh: Of all the attempts at humor here on SDN (some of which are pretty hilarious) this actually had me laughing out loud.

and

Ok I admit it....I chuckled as well.

Three votes in support- it's a win! :)