Do schools hold Letter Packets in the same regard as a Committee letter/pack whatsoever?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

subdermallight

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My school only offers only a letter packet, but they add this survey about me for my writers to fill out in addition to the letter, this surgery is a scaled rating about me in a number of categories, around 15-20. My writers may not give me high scores in all these, honestly I have no idea how they’d rate me on some of this, even though they do think highly of me as a whole. I’d rather adcom just see what they have to say about me through the letter.

In addition, the office gets backed up and packet submission can be delayed.

What do you think, should I just handle letters myself with letterfolio? I hear med schools look down on people not using their school’s resources, but I only really hear it in terms of committee letters. Does that reasoning also apply to letter packets?

A letter packet is not a committee letter. You can honestly tell med schools that your school does not offer committee letters. It sounds like it would be easier to just submit them individually yourself.