do schools not include certain credits when calculating cgpa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsp132

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
like from online schools specifically

Members don't see this ad.

like from online schools specifically

I would think they would include any grade no matter what school it was from. Why wouldn't they? They wouldn't include classes that you tested out of because those aren't given a grade, but just because one takes classes from an online school doesn't make the grade any less valid in the calculation of one's GPA. If anyone disagrees, please let me know.

I would think they would include any grade no matter what school it was from. Why wouldn't they? They wouldn't include classes that you tested out of because those aren't given a grade, but just because one takes classes from an online school doesn't make the grade any less valid in the calculation of one's GPA. If anyone disagrees, please let me know.

It has to be from an accredited school, I went to a non-accredited technical school for network engineering back in the day and unfortunately (45 credits 4.0 GPA) it does not get averaged into the AMCAS gpa calculation.

If the OP's courses come from an accredited online institution then it should definitely be included.