Do schools notify about application status or must we constantly log in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pyrrion89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering if we need to be logging in to each school to which we apply to check in on whether we've been rejected or received interviews. I assumed all the schools would email, call, or mail regarding such news. But am I assuming too much? Should I be logging in to each application portal very regularly to check for rejections and interview requests? It's just that I can do that but it'd be very time consuming.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the school. Check the school specific threads so you know how each of the schools that you applied to works. For the most part, the school will send you an email, but some schools won't. For example, last year I received an interview at Wake Forest via status update, but I never received the invitation through email; my status simply said to call the office of admissions about scheduling an interview. My routine last year was to check my email about 50 times a day and to check all of my status pages every three days.

Hey guys,

I was wondering if we need to be logging in to each school to which we apply to check in on whether we've been rejected or received interviews. I assumed all the schools would email, call, or mail regarding such news. But am I assuming too much? Should I be logging in to each application portal very regularly to check for rejections and interview requests? It's just that I can do that but it'd be very time consuming.

Thanks.

Most will notify you of a status change, but there are a few that don't. Off of the top of my head, I don't think I received any notification from OHSU. My status change was a rejection, though. I'm sure if the status change is one where they are looking for something from you (secondary or interview), they would send some sort of notification.

Members don't see this ad :)
I too checked statuses frequently. Wake Forest was the only school I applied to which it was necessary to check. GWU said to check statuses, but the interview invite came directly via e-mail.

Case doesn't send emails, it seems. Wouldn't have known about my II had I not logged in to the portal.