DO schools with residency lists posted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

preludexl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you guys let me know which COMs have residency lists listed on their website???? The forum search is not working once again. Thanks.

If you have their url it'd be even better. :D

Members don't see this ad.

preludexl said:
Can you guys let me know which COMs have residency lists listed on their website???? The forum search is not working once again. Thanks.

OSU-COM

Members don't see this ad :)
OSUdoc08 said:
Was the OP asking for a list of residencies, or a list of residency matches?

I posted a list of residencies.

Long list, nice match! Wondering what was with the whole (x) thing seperating DO and the MD matches. Does it mean that those who have an (x) under MD took the USMLE instead of the Comlex and went into an MD residency and those who matched into the DO residencies just took the Comlex, or some students may have taken both the USMLE and Comlex and ending up choosing and MD residency. :confused:

MD2b20004 said:
Long list, nice match! Wondering what was with the whole (x) thing seperating DO and the MD matches. Does it mean that those who have an (x) under MD took the USMLE instead of the Comlex and went into an MD residency and those who matched into the DO residencies just took the Comlex, or some students may have taken both the USMLE and Comlex and ending up choosing and MD residency. :confused:

What are you talking about?

MD2b20004 said:

During 4th year, as a DO student, you can enter the DO match, the MD match or both additionally you can enter the Military match if you are on an HPSP scholarship. There is also the San Francisco match which I am not familiar enough with to comment here.

I believe this list the MD or DO column merely denotes whether it is an AMA or AOA residency.

Many DO students enter the MD match as evidenced by at least 50% of the students on the Midwestern page having MD residencies.

The overwhelming opinion of DO students is that there should be a combined match instead of separate AOA and AMA matches. The AMA supports this, but the stubborn old guard of the AOA does not.

The way it is set up now, if you do both AOA and AMA matches and you match to ANY spot on your AOA list regardless if it is your 10th choice, you MUST do that residency even if you matched to your #1 or #2 choice in the AMA match. This strong-handed policy is why many DO students each year do not even enter the AOA match, even if their 1st or 2nd choice would have been an AOA residency spot. As such, many DO students are scared away from potential DO residencies for fear of going somewhere they don't want to and many DO residencies sit un-used every year.

FutureNavyDOc said:
During 4th year, as a DO student, you can enter the DO match, the MD match or both additionally you can enter the Military match if you are on an HPSP scholarship. There is also the San Francisco match which I am not familiar enough with to comment here.

I believe this list the MD or DO column merely denotes whether it is an AMA or AOA residency.

Many DO students enter the MD match as evidenced by at least 50% of the students on the Midwestern page having MD residencies.

The overwhelming opinion of DO students is that there should be a combined match instead of separate AOA and AMA matches. The AMA supports this, but the stubborn old guard of the AOA does not.

The way it is set up now, if you do both AOA and AMA matches and you match to ANY spot on your AOA list regardless if it is your 10th choice, you MUST do that residency even if you matched to your #1 or #2 choice in the AMA match. This strong-handed policy is why many DO students each year do not even enter the AOA match, even if their 1st or 2nd choice would have been an AOA residency spot. As such, many DO students are scared away from potential DO residencies for fear of going somewhere they don't want to and many DO residencies sit un-used every year.

Unlike the AOA, the AMA is not affiliated with residencies, hospitals, or the match.

The "MD" match and residency programs are part of the ACGME, whereas the "DO" match and residency programs are part of the AOA.

The AMA doesn't have the breadth of coverage as the AOA does, due to this fact.

preludexl said:

Assuming you mean match list. If so, here's UNECOMs.

http://www.une.edu/com/clinical/postgrad.asp

Wook

FutureNavyDOc said:

The AMA has no such say in the matter.

FutureNavyDOc said:
The way it is set up now, if you do both AOA and AMA matches and you match to ANY spot on your AOA list regardless if it is your 10th choice, you MUST do that residency even if you matched to your #1 or #2 choice in the AMA match.

If you decide to match through the AOA match you are not even ranked in the ACGME match and therefore are not given a "#1 or #2 choice".

FutureNavyDOc said:
This strong-handed policy is why many DO students each year do not even enter the AOA match, even if their 1st or 2nd choice would have been an AOA residency spot. As such, many DO students are scared away from potential DO residencies for fear of going somewhere they don't want to and many DO residencies sit un-used every year.

This is untrue. Many DO students do not enter the DO match, that is true. But an applicant has up until midnight of the night before the match to cancel his/her application. Entering the application process through NatMatch and ranking sites does not seal your fate into a DO program.

I dont know anyone who is scared away for fear of "going somewhere they dont want to". If an applicant ranks a place that they do not want to attend, then they certainly made a grave mistake somewhere.

As an applicant you have the upper hand in deciding which programs you want to rank and which you dont want to rank. No applicant is forced into a program simply because they sent their application there or even interviewed there. If you dont rank it, you cannot possible match and be "stuck" there.