Do the plan to enroll requirements for AMCAS also apply to AACOMAS schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

binky23

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
For example, would I be able to hold a DO school acceptance while also choosing the plan to enroll at a MD school if I'm still debating which school I should attend?

Members don't see this ad.

For example, would I be able to hold a DO school acceptance while also choosing the plan to enroll at a MD school if I'm still debating which school I should attend?
PTE/CTE is the CYMS (Choose Your Med School) system for AMCAS MD schools.
AACOMAS acceptances don't show up on the CYMS tool

You should carefully read all your emails for your admission offers as well as the rules on each school's site.
Sooner or later they are going to want a final decision from you and there will be a date by which they want you to commit.
Good luck with your decision-making discussions at home and choose the school that seems best for you.

Reactions: 3 users
Yes, you would.
MD and DO schools do not communicate regarding decisions.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, you would.
MD and DO schools do not communicate regarding decisions.
Just clarifying, the same would apply to "commit to enroll" as well? I am holding a DO acceptance and recently got accepted to an MD program, which includes a signed letter of acceptance and a later deposit.

Just clarifying, the same would apply to "commit to enroll" as well? I am holding a DO acceptance and recently got accepted to an MD program, which includes a signed letter of acceptance and a later deposit.
We have no way of knowing.

Reactions: 1 user