Do top 10 schools (harvard, jhu, upenn, washu) accept COMMUNITY College credits??? Help :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

streampaw

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have just been reading through the various threads about the top 10 schools not accepting CC credits and I got really worried!

I started going to community college at age 15 through an early start program (getting credit for both college and high school by taking college classes), and I got 2 years worth of classes from there, including 1 year of gen chem and 1 year of calculus. I am at a 4 year uni taking ochem, calc based physics and bio right now, and I really want to get into harvard so that I can get full scholarships at other schools.

But now I am really worried, as I heard that top 10 schools don't accept CC credit! Is this true?

And I know you guys all hate me for posting so many threads XD but come on, this could be useful for other people too :)

Members don't see this ad.

Buy the MSAR Online for this year on AAMC's site and you'll have access (for one year) to a database full of details for most, if not all, MD schools in the U.S. (including which schools do/don't accept CC units).

Reactions: 1 user
I have just been reading through the various threads about the top 10 schools not accepting CC credits and I got really worried!

I started going to community college at age 15 through an early start program (getting credit for both college and high school by taking college classes), and I got 2 years worth of classes from there, including 1 year of gen chem and 1 year of calculus. I am at a 4 year uni taking ochem, calc based physics and bio right now, and I really want to get into harvard so that I can get full scholarships at other schools.

But now I am really worried, as I heard that top 10 schools don't accept CC credit! Is this true?

And I know you guys all hate me for posting so many threads XD but come on, this could be useful for other people too :)

No offense, but you could have easily found out by e-mailing the admissions offices at the schools or actually searching through their websites. They're generally fairly clear on what they accept and what they don't accept, and this includes AP credits too. The MSAR online also helps, and it's fairly cheap at $22 for a one-year subscription.

Members don't see this ad :)
In the time it took you to start this thread you could have answered your question by going to those schools websites.

Also, you want to get into Harvard to get scholarships to OTHER schools? Cool story..

Reactions: 1 users
I really want to get into harvard so that I can get full scholarships at other schools.

high-dog-elite-daily.png

I know a girl that started off from a CC that graduated from Harvard medical school last year. Not sure if she took her prereqs at Berkeley once she transferred, but considering she was a science major, I assume she needed to take the prereqs at the CC in order to transfer in the first place.

If you're suggesting that you can leverage your offer at Harvard for a full ride elsewhere, you might be out of luck. Perhaps I'm misreading you though..

If you're suggesting that you can leverage your offer at Harvard for a full ride elsewhere, you might be out of luck. Perhaps I'm misreading you though..

That's what I thought she meant by that too.
This isn't like a job offer, you can't have one school fight against another, there are plenty of people who'd be willing to go to a med school even without a scholarship. Too many applicants and not enough spots.

Fairly certain this is what they meant by it. That being said, if you look at the content of the other posts, this isn't too terribly surprising...