Will the SFFA vs. Harvard College case apply to medical schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1166273

Pardon my ignorance, but as I understand it, the SFFA vs. Harvard admissions case seems to be primarily regarding college admissions. Will the elimination of AA in this case also end AA practice for medical schools as well?

What would medical school admissions look like if AA is ended? Would MCAT/GPA averages skyrocket or something? Would SES be favored as a measure?

Genuinely curious since the decision is due quite literally anytime now, not trying to start a war or anything in the comments!

Members don't see this ad.

What would medical school admissions look like if AA is ended? Would MCAT/GPA averages skyrocket or something? Would SES be favored as a measure?
Even if AA is ended, holistic admissions will still stand. After the ban of AA in Berkeley's admissions process, the institution has utilized Federal Pell Grant data and zip codes as a proxy to promote racial diversity across a broad socioeconomic class. Moreover, admissions will still access a candidate's commitment to diversity in the entirety of their application. I seriously doubt that this court decision will have much impact on any higher level education admission.

Reactions: 1 users