Position Wanted DO TRI Seeking Open PGY-1/PGY-2 Positions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smg45cal

Physician
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my searches through the AOA Post Match, AOA opportunities page and SwapAResident have been unfruitful thus far and I am trying to secure an open PGY-1/2 spot literally anywhere at this point, although would prefer to stay on the East Coast

I am a current TRI (PGY-1) at an AOA program in the Southeast. Graduated in 2017 after taking some time off during medical school to tend to family affairs because of my father’s cancer diagnosis complicated by my brother’s incarceration and my chronically disabled sister (she has CP). I have had failures on my previous COMLEX examinations, but as of May 17th I have cleared all exams with a first-time attempt pass on Level 3.

I have strong references with great letters from my attendings on ERAS. I would appreciate any help in this matter, as I do not know where else to turn. I was originally interested in Radiology and PM&R, but with my failures I know that this is near impossible at this point. However, throughout my intern year I have gained a newfound appreciation and interest of critical care medicine.

If anyone can share some advice on what to do going forward, as my avenues seem to be yielding nothing so far, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone, my searches through the AOA Post Match, AOA opportunities page and SwapAResident have been unfruitful thus far and I am trying to secure an open PGY-1/2 spot literally anywhere at this point, although would prefer to stay on the East Coast

I am a current TRI (PGY-1) at an AOA program in the Southeast. Graduated in 2017 after taking some time off during medical school to tend to family affairs because of my father’s cancer diagnosis complicated by my brother’s incarceration and my chronically disabled sister (she has CP). I have had failures on my previous COMLEX examinations, but as of May 17th I have cleared all exams with a first-time attempt pass on Level 3.

I have strong references with great letters from my attendings on ERAS. I would appreciate any help in this matter, as I do not know where else to turn. I was originally interested in Radiology and PM&R, but with my failures I know that this is near impossible at this point. However, throughout my intern year I have gained a newfound appreciation and interest of critical care medicine.

If anyone can share some advice on what to do going forward, as my avenues seem to be yielding nothing so far, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

Half of my TRI class didn't match and all have been unsuccessful finding a PGY2 position, I'd recommend starting the process of applying to PGY1 or R-PGY2 for next year.