Do US allopathic med students need to do MCCEE for CaRMS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

traxxradiorocks

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know on the website, it says that International medical graduates and Osteo students need to take the MCCEE

But I just want to make sure that American Allo students don't need to take it (since we are LCME accreditted)

Am I correct?


I'm planning to do a research year and apply next year to both CaRMS and NRMP.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cool, thanks, just wanted to confirm.
When do the kids generally take MCCQE part 1? Is it possible to start residency without taking the exam til Fall?

After 4th year / end of med school.

The UofT " Toronto Notes" are a good review ( although quite comprehensive). Nice book.
 
I think most people take the MCCQE part 1 in the spring of fourth year, aka after the match. Is this correct?
 
Can someone confirm, a Canadian who goes to a certified US allopathic school can match back into CaRMS using USMLEs in the first iteration, like as if they are local Canadian med school graduates?

I read somewhere that without the MCCQE you're on one year probation? Is this true?

Thanks guys.