Do US allopathic med students need to do MCCEE for CaRMS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

traxxradiorocks

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know on the website, it says that International medical graduates and Osteo students need to take the MCCEE

But I just want to make sure that American Allo students don't need to take it (since we are LCME accreditted)

Am I correct?

I'm planning to do a research year and apply next year to both CaRMS and NRMP.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cool, thanks, just wanted to confirm.
When do the kids generally take MCCQE part 1? Is it possible to start residency without taking the exam til Fall?

After 4th year / end of med school.

The UofT " Toronto Notes" are a good review ( although quite comprehensive). Nice book.

I think most people take the MCCQE part 1 in the spring of fourth year, aka after the match. Is this correct?

I think most people take the MCCQE part 1 in the spring of fourth year, aka after the match. Is this correct?

April, before the Match, but no one has the results until ~June.

Can someone confirm, a Canadian who goes to a certified US allopathic school can match back into CaRMS using USMLEs in the first iteration, like as if they are local Canadian med school graduates?

I read somewhere that without the MCCQE you're on one year probation? Is this true?

Thanks guys.