DO vs Dental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There are many Dental schools that are associated with medical schools, these are predominantly Allopathic medical schools.

A few DO schools have Dental schools, Midwestern U Arizona, Nova Southeastern, and AT Still all have dental programs.

Some DO schools also have Podiatry programs, Midwestern Arizona and DMU have Podiatry programs.

Dentistry is just a different field from traditional medicine, Podiatry though seems to be a subset of Medicine.
Dentistry is medicine. Dentists can treat oral infection, TMJ, write prescription, use scapel, do surgery, break jawbone, injection, see blood pouring...If those facts and abilities are not medicine, I dont know what is

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
This thread is still open??? Lol!

Ill pose a question as trivial as the OP's post: What do you guys think is harder, maintaining a P90x/Bruce Lee chieseled physique or the necessary stats (3.5+ BCPM GPA, 30+ MCAT) to become an acceptable US med school entrant?

Ill pose a question as trivial as the OP's post: What do you guys think is harder, maintaining a P90x/Bruce Lee chieseled physique or the necessary stats (3.5+ BCPM GPA, 30+ MCAT) to become an acceptable US med school entrant?

Pshhh. Both are pieces of cake. Real question. What's harder hitting a golf ball 400 yards or hitting a baseball 500 feet?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Bruce Lee. Bruce Lee. Bruce Lee

Reactions: 1 user
This is like one of those PlayStation vs. Xbox arguments......
The DO's I work with have huge chips on their shoulder, and it looks like some of the students are no different.....can't we all just, get along?

Are you being facetious, or what? I haven't encountered any physicians with such a petty attitude. They're making good money and doing what they love to do.

Are you being facetious, or what? I haven't encountered any physicians with such a petty attitude. They're making good money and doing what they love to do.
The ones I work with make good money and seem to love their jobs, too. They also always trying to prove something and hold grudges against MD's. Just because you haven't run into a petty one doesn't mean they don't exist.

The ones I work with make good money and seem to love their jobs, too. They also always trying to prove something and hold grudges against MD's. Just because you haven't run into a petty one doesn't mean they don't exist.

Ah, you are right! I should know better after shadowing a psychiatrist for so long. Doctors are just people, with their frailties and insecurities. I imagine that the DOs with hang-ups about their title are more hesitant to let students shadow them, so maybe that's why I haven't been around many of those.

Ah, you are right! I should know better after shadowing a psychiatrist for so long. Doctors are just people, with their frailties and insecurities. I imagine that the DOs with hang-ups about their title are more hesitant to let students shadow them, so maybe that's why I haven't been around many of those.

Dentists usually wind up having major back and neck problems because they have to crouch over to treat their patients. DOs can help with with OMM treatments to resolve their somatic dysfunction.

If you have back pain you do not go to a Dentist, you go to a physician, MD or DO, in some cases a Chiropractor. If you have a toothache you see a Dentist.

Reactions: 1 user
Dentists usually wind up having major back and neck problems because they have to crouch over to treat their patients. DOs can help with with OMM treatments to resolve their somatic dysfunction.

Haha! Perhaps I have will have some dentists who come to me for OMM someday. :cat:

Dat sarcasm.