DO Waitlist Support Group 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justalittlestar

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Saw an MD applicants support group and didn't want to hijack their thread. Figured this would be a nice place to vent and talk about WL movement for DO schools. This process is so stressful but at least you're not alone in it.

I'm currently on PCOM WL and have been since early March.

Hope we all hear something soon :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Saw an MD applicants support group and didn't want to hiijack their thread. Figured this would be a nice place to vent and talk about WL movement for DO schools. This process is so stressful but at least you're not alone in it.

I'm currently on PCOM WL and have been early March.

Hope we all hear something soon :thumbup:
Let’s hope we get off! WL at NYIT and OUHCOM

Edit: accepted at NYITCOM, waiting on OUHCOM( top choice)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Currently waitlisted at BCOM and ARCOM since January. I think my chances at BCOM are pretty much close to none considering the fact that their WL saw no movement last year. My only hope is ARCOM but I'm not too sure how the process of getting off the waitlist works.

Either way, good luck to all of you!! Hopefully all the stars align and we get good news in these upcoming weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Currently waitlisted at BCOM and ARCOM since January. I think my chances at BCOM are pretty much close to none considering the fact that their WL saw no movement last year. My only hope is ARCOM but I'm not too sure how the process of getting off the waitlist works.

Either way, good luck to all of you!! Hopefully all the stars align and we get good news in these upcoming weeks.

Ugh my fear is a waitlist with no movement :nailbiting:

Reactions: 1 user
Finally, a place where I belong. Thanks for starting this thread. Let’s sacrifice a goat on 4/31 to appease the movement gods.

Reactions: 11 users
Finally, a place where I belong. Thanks for starting this thread. Let’s sacrifice a goat on 4/31 to appease the movement gods.

Is 4/31 the date when the next set of deposits become due?

I thought it was when MD acceptances are made known to (MD) schools which may result in DO list movement. Idk. Grasping at straws for hope.

But I think second deposits are due around this time as well, that is school specific though. I’m waitlisted at ACOM and Touro Ny. Both seemed to have movement towards late may, through June and a trickle into July even. I am trying not to think about it.

Reactions: 4 users
Where do I sign up?

Should we inscribe a staff of Asclepius in the middle of the blood pentagram?

Best of luck everyone. Hopefully there is movement for all of you!

Reactions: 3 users
4/30 is the day you have to give up all but one acceptance for MD's

Anyone here planning an MCAT re-take while on the waitlist? I'm unfortunately looking into it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am :( I honestly believe my MCAT more than likely played a big role on me not getting accepted. I have to bring it up and unfortunately that means studying more effectively and retaking the exam.

@justalittlestar My weakest sections were Psych/Soc and Chem/Phys. This time around I'm going to focus more on taking practice exams and going over my weak sections. I'm planning on retaking it in Sep. and hopefully I get a good score and apply to the 2018-2019 cycle. That gives me a good 5 solid months of MCAT preparation.

I’d rather do an smp with guaranteed acceptance than retake the test

@giguerex35 Same here, but I have to be prepared just in case this program doesn't work out and I don't get pulled off from the waitlist. I didn't apply to any other SMP just this one, so if nothing works out I have to bite the bullet and retake the darn exam.

Anybody have any strategies to take your mind off the stress of waiting? I find myself obsessively searching interweb forums daily even though I know its still roughly another month till the school im wl at typically takes people off thier list

Sent from my SM-G930P using SDN mobile

That may be the case for MDs, I believe DO (at least OUHCOM) has a deposit/decision date of May 1st... They will start the wl ranking process the first week of May so I am assuming at the earliest they would take people off the wl is then but majority of the movement will occur after May 15th when people have to narrow down thier acceptances

Last edited:
Waitlisted but got accepted to postbacc, still hoping to get off the waitlist. good luck everyone

Waitlisted at ATSU-SOMA. Historically they have good movement in May-June, but I'm still spending hours of my life re-writing my personal statement and experience essays in preparation for starting the application cycle all over again. -_-

anyone know when movement on the waitlist usually start for DO Schools? I know the MD date to choose one school is 4/30 but will that really create a lot of movement ?

anyone know when movement on the waitlist usually start for DO Schools? I know the MD date to choose one school is 4/30 but will that really create a lot of movement ?

It’s pretty much school dependent and depends on how many accepted students give up their seats through the summer.

Not all schools are the same but typically you might see some movement in early May but after May 15th is when a lot of movement will start at DO schools. That's when basically everyone (MD and DO) has to narrow thier choices down to 1 school

Reactions: 1 users
It can because people can be holding a DO acceptance and get off the waitlist at a MD. Then the DO day to narrow to one is two weeks later.

As far as unranked WL is everyone on equal footing academically with chances? I know as far as selection they typically try to replace students that drop their acceptance with someone that matches the demographic female/male non-trad/trad or region-based

As far as unranked WL is everyone on equal footing academically with chances? I know as far as selection they typically try to replace students that drop their acceptance with someone that matches the demographic female/male non-trad/trad or region-based

this is highly school specific and way outside the bounds of anything we can expect to know, much less control...

I think it goes without saying that we will update here whenever we get news. I will, anyway.

But I think second deposits are due around this time as well, that is school specific though. I’m waitlisted at ACOM and Touro Ny. Both seemed to have movement towards late may, through June and a trickle into July even. I am trying not
This is interesting. Waitlisted at ACOM and ICOM (at ICOM submitted app 8 days before deadline...happy to get interview for waitlist). I read on AMCAS April 30th is deadline this cycle for applicants and May 15th for DO schools.

I think the WL movement will start the week of May 15, this coming week if we’re lucky. Prayer is key

I think the WL movement will start the week of May 15, this coming week if we’re lucky. Prayer is key
It'll start before that. Very few people hold more than one DO accept. It's mostly people coming off MD waitlists

Some schools already started pulling. I think next week all DO schools will start to at least look at their WL if not begin to pull. Movement according to earlier years threads should be already moving by the 15th

Edit: should also note for the two schools I’m WL at the majority of movement did occur late May-June but movement started earlier

Some schools already started pulling. I think next week all DO schools will start to at least look at their WL if not begin to pull. Movement according to earlier years threads should be already moving by the 15th
Know which schools?

PCOM has had some movement. I’m guessing the bulk of it will be between now and mid-June

Know which schools?

Acom and arcom. Arcom already started pulling. Acom will most likely begin next week with the majority from end May -June while I can’t speak for arcom cause there’s only one class

I'm hoping for some movement soon. I'm WL at 4 schools, so this next couple of months is gonna be interesting...The domino effect should kick in any week now.

Last edited:
I am currently waitlisted at 3 DO schools with no acceptances. This group is exactly what I needed.

Reactions: 5 users
and so begins another week. join me in a prayer to AT Still

Reactions: 10 users
So the majority of movement for DO schools has yet to come in mid may-june?

I'm currently waitlisted at 2 schools, Touro-CA and ACOM. I'm praying that I get off the waitlist at either of these schools. Having to reapply looks extremely daunting

I'm currently waitlisted at 2 schools, Touro-CA and ACOM. I'm praying that I get off the waitlist at either of these schools. Having to reapply looks extremely daunting
I’m feeling the same way. Waitlisted at NSUCOM

I’m so happy I found this thread! (As happy as one can be while on a waitlist...) I am waitlisted at 3 DO schools, and the waiting is killing me slowly. I know plan B should be made soon, but I feel like making other plans is my indication of giving up.

I’m told we all have to keep our heads up and trust the process. It’d be more helpful if the people that tell me this had been waitlisted themselves...but either no one I know in medical school was waitlisted, or people are ashamed of it? Either way, I only know of one person who was waitlisted and accepted (I attend courses on a medical school campus and live with medical students).

I haven’t heard any movement from people I know who are waitlisted across the US, but my hope is that it will just domino this week/next.

Good luck to us all!!!

Reactions: 7 users
I’m so happy I found this thread! (As happy as one can be while on a waitlist...) I am waitlisted at 3 DO schools, and the waiting is killing me slowly. I know plan B should be made soon, but I feel like making other plans is my indication of giving up.

I’m told we all have to keep our heads up and trust the process. It’d be more helpful if the people that tell me this had been waitlisted themselves...but either no one I know in medical school was waitlisted, or people are ashamed of it? Either way, I only know of one person who was waitlisted and accepted (I attend courses on a medical school campus and live with medical students).

I haven’t heard any movement from people I know who are waitlisted across the US, but my hope is that it will just domino this week/next.

Good luck to us all!!!
I actually have met a lot of people who were waitlisted and accepted! Could just be luck of the draw but there is hope. I just wish schools were more open about where on the waitlsit you were so you don't have blind hope you know?

I actually have met a lot of people who were waitlisted and accepted! Could just be luck of the draw but there is hope. I just wish schools were more open about where on the waitlsit you were so you don't have blind hope you know?
Do you know if they were MD or DO (and if so which DO schools)? I have seen a lot of MD movement but only a few DO thus far