DO Waitlist Support Thread 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow. July! When do most programs start?
I think the last week of July 😬. One of the schools will call people through orientation if needed

Members don't see this ad.

2/4 schools I was waitlisted for are experiencing movement so 🤞
I know for DO schools May 15th was the big day so hoping it speeds up now

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if alot waitlist movement has begun for PCOM-Ga? Or if there will be?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. No idea on movement for PCOM Georgia. Has anyone seen much movement in other schools? I have seen some movement in Touro Harlem and a trickle in Touro Middletown. However, not much movement yet. I thought May 15th was the magic date for movement. What does everyone think?

Reactions: 1 users
I mean I know the MD waitlists have been slow this year and I feel like that can have some affect on DO schools especially for applicants who may have DO acceptances but are waiting for an MD.

Reactions: 1 user
I mean I know the MD waitlists have been slow this year and I feel like that can have some affect on DO schools especially for applicants who may have DO acceptances but are waiting for an MD.
Slow as in they’re behind...or slow as in people are not moving off the waitlist?

If it is the latter, then that means the DO lists might not move that much overall o_O. People might just settle with their DO acceptance because it is better than no acceptance.

Slow as in they’re behind...or slow as in people are not moving off the waitlist?

If it is the latter, then that means the DO lists might not move that much overall o_O. People might just settle with their DO acceptance because it is better than no acceptance.
I think a little bit of both

• Sad
I think this is my last week of hope. I think hope will be neatly placed in a box and buried after this week.
On the flip side, some folks have gotten into school in July.

...so it is certainly odd.

• Care
A student I was talking to this weekend told me they got in like 2 weeks before classes started in July, so it's not over till its over i guess

Reactions: 3 users
A student I was talking to this weekend told me they got in like 2 weeks before classes started in July, so it's not over till its over i guess
I just need to Study for my MCAT I think that’s really my main issue and unfortunately this hope is squandering my ability to study.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah. I know somebody who got in the week of orientation.

...so it happens. He got in - it doesn’t matter how he got in.

• Love
Yeah. I know somebody who got in the week of orientation.

...so it happens. He got in - it doesn’t matter how he got in.
I am losing hope too. Is it too late to get into one of the masters programs that guarantee an interview

I am losing hope too. Is it too late to get into one of the masters programs that guarantee an interview
I’ve seen some schools offer an acceptance to their masters programs to a few waitlist people

...except interview means that you can still get rejected.

I mean...I got an interview and am on the waitlist. Getting an interview means jack if you pay money to end up back in this position again.

Reactions: 2 users

I mean...I got an interview and am on the waitlist. Getting an interview means jack if you pay money to end up back in this position again.
Very true. There are a few programs that have guarantee acceptance, but the programs themselves are cut throat. Only the top 50% of the class will get in.

I mean...I got an interview and am on the waitlist. Getting an interview means jack if you pay money to end up back in this position again
Very true. There are a few programs that have guarantee acceptance, but the programs themselves are cut throat. Only the top 50% of the class will get in.
Which programs have guaranteed acceptance

Which programs have guaranteed acceptance
Touro NY (Middletown and Harlem), and I think West Virginia( not 100% on that one). They exist but the catch is the GPA is scaled. Only the top 50% of students get the acceptance

Hang in there kids, you will all end up where you need to be.

I can comment that this is true for ARCOM’s master’s program. I did very well and only about half of our class got accepted for fall. It is guaranteed interview with a “B” average or better, but the linkage is very good again this year. I’m so thankful they gave me a chance to shine and the opportunity to become a physician! Good luck to you all! 🙏🏼

Hang in there kids, you will all end up where you need to be.

I hope so. At least I hope to get off one of my two waitlists before the cycle is through.

Does a lot of movement happen in June? I would think it would happen a lot post-May 15, but some say that people shift around a lot in June and it then slows down by July.

I hope so. At least I hope to get off one of my two waitlists before the cycle is through.

Does a lot of movement happen in June? I would think it would happen a lot post-May 15, but some say that people shift around a lot in June and it then slows down by July.
I had 2 or 3 classmates move off the waitlist a week and a half before July orientation.

I had 2 or 3 classmates move off the waitlist a week and a half before July orientation.
Yeah. It does happen. I know a friend who got plucked orientation week.

If that ends up happening to me (I hope it doesn’t happen though - I hope I get in sooner than that), I’ll relocate ASAP.

Yeah. It does happen. I know a friend who got plucked orientation week.

If that ends up happening to me (I hope it doesn’t happen though - I hope I get in sooner than that), I’ll relocate ASAP.
Well, is there any movement now or do we have to tell ourselves it is not happening this time

• Sad
Well, is there any movement now or do we have to tell ourselves it is not happening this time
Not yet for me. Who knows though. They just got back from Memorial Day.

Well a person at the school i'm WL at on the FB page said they just got accepted yesterday so it's def not over!

• Love
Anyone else on the waitlist for UNECOM and are getting scared cause they start the end of this month and they've had little movement so far? :cryi:

Anyone else on the waitlist for UNECOM and are getting scared cause they start the end of this month and they've had little movement so far? :cryi:
Mee and I'm terrified because I feel like the cycle is basically over :( I really had hopes that I would get into at least one of my waitlist schools :/

Hey ya'll! I've started preparing to reapply, but wanted to learn more about the schools I'm interested in. I decided to register for the DO medical school virtual expo on Tuesday. Does anyone have any advice on what to expect if they have participated and also if we're required to attend the full session from 12-6?

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but how doomed are we at this point for WLs?

Apparently, the school I'm WLed at has been pulling people...but I'm still left waiting at the phone per say.

Just worried that this WL is going to be a R at this point.

dd.png

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but how doomed are we at this point for WLs?

Apparently, the school I'm WLed at has been pulling people...but I'm still left waiting at the phone per say.

Just worried that this WL is going to be a R at this point.

dd.png
I feel the exact same way. I've sent update letters, updated grades, extra rec letters and still nothing even tho I see other people getting pulled off 😭

• Care
I feel the exact same way. I've sent update letters, updated grades, extra rec letters and still nothing even tho I see other people getting pulled off 😭
I'm in the same boat.. feeling super discouraged :/

• Care
I just want one school. I ain’t too picky.

I just don’t want it to end in defeat at the last minute ;n;.

Last edited:
  • Care
I am very thankful to have an A however I am still hoping for my top school. Anyone else in this position and how are you preparing? I wanna act as if I am going to my A school however I am terrified to get into legal issues if I submit all of the paperwork.

I am very thankful to have an A however I am still hoping for my top school. Anyone else in this position and how are you preparing? I wanna act as if I am going to my A school however I am terrified to get into legal issues if I submit all of the paperwork.
I had a friend that got accepted and was already attending their Mph program of their dual degree but got accepted to their top. They dropped everything just fine

If anyone is on the waitlist for VCOM Va, I've been told the waitlist has slowed down significantly 😭

Had at least 15 in my class get pulled off the waitlist in july. We start in early/mid august.

Wouldn't give up just yet but you should be preparing to submit for the next cycle.

Anyone know about movement on the PCOMGA waitlist? Still praying a miracle happens for me

What are the chances of getting off the waitlist from PCOM SG or LECOM ERIE