DO Waitlist Support Thread 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EDThoracotomy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have seen a general one of these that seems to be filled with mainly Allopathic info. Thought I'd throw one up for all my DO hopefuls. Feel free to vent, ask questions and post about WL movement you hear about.

Whether you have an A and are on a WL at your preferred school or living in WL purgatory. ALL ARE WELCOME!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Thanks for making this thread, I’ve been needing it! :) Anyone been taken off LECOM Bradenton’s waitlist? Or have any knowledge of prior year’s waitlist movement? It’s my number one choice and I was put on the list in November.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not surprised I’m on the WL for two schools. My record is pretty shaky overall, mostly due to my own fault.

I hope fortune smiles on me soon though with at least one of the schools going to an A.

Another II would be nice as well, but I’m starting to doubt it at this point...

Reactions: 1 user
It’s been a wild cycle. You never know what will happen. Anxious to see movement start!

It’s been a wild cycle. You never know what will happen. Anxious to see movement start!
I personally think all med school admissions are wild. They have been and always will be absurd unless the system radically changes.

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks for making this thread, I’ve been needing it! :) Anyone been taken off LECOM Bradenton’s waitlist? Or have any knowledge of prior year’s waitlist movement? It’s my number one choice and I was put on the list in November.
I've been waitlisted at LECOM Elmira since November, and have been super anxious too. From what I've seen, I don't think LECOM has had any movement... :(

Bless this thread. Waitlisted at a school that told us we won't hear movement updates until late May or early June. At least they let us know?

• Care
curious, anyone ever get off any holds or interview waitlists this cycle?

currently on six, took a few months just to get rejected from one. silence from the others lol

• Wow
Bless this thread. Waitlisted at a school that told us we won't hear movement updates until late May or early June. At least they let us know?
At least they communicated that. That being said still brutal. I think there will be massive movement this cycle. You got this.

Reactions: 1 users
At least they communicated that. That being said still brutal. I think there will be massive movement this cycle. You got this.

I hope and pray so.

While people are saying that this cycle is worse than prior cycles, medical school cycles in general are pretty rubbish, in my opinion, unless there is a radical change to the system overall.

Hello! I was on the waitlist for NSU KPCOM since January and was accepted last week. NSU has lots of waitlist movement March-June apparently. Good luck my fellow DO's!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hello! I was on the waitlist for NSU KPCOM since January and was accepted last week. NSU has lots of waitlist movement March-June apparently. Good luck my fellow DO's!
I've been on the waitlist since October so fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted at 5 different schools so this cycle has been fun 😂

• Care
Does anybody know when we can start to expect some WL movement? Does any happen in april or is it mostly may and june?

I am thankful to have moved off of the waitlist for ACOM (interviewed early march) however I interviewed with my two top schools, NSU-KPCOM and VCOM-Auburn. I was waitlisted to Nova and just interviewed with VCOM at which they said they are only WL. Debating whether to save $2k and let ACOM go, or eat the money while I wait. I already paid $1k to the caribbean... Anyone know the likelihood of WL movement from NSU and VCOM?

I also know my friend interviewed in march and got in early June in 2019 but this cycle is....different:) insight appreciated <3
I can’t advise you about the waitlist movement for those specific schools, but I would suggest attending one of those schools over the Caribbean option.

I am thankful to have moved off of the waitlist for ACOM (interviewed early march) however I interviewed with my two top schools, NSU-KPCOM and VCOM-Auburn. I was waitlisted to Nova and just interviewed with VCOM at which they said they are only WL. Debating whether to save $2k and let ACOM go, or eat the money while I wait. I already paid $1k to the caribbean... Anyone know the likelihood of WL movement from NSU and VCOM?

I also know my friend interviewed in march and got in early June in 2019 but this cycle is....different:) insight appreciated <3
Eat the $2k knowing that it may be a donation to ACOM if you end up getting off the waitlist at the other schools. If you have a US DO or MD acceptance, the Caribbean shouldnt be a thought in your mind any more.

Hey all I got waitlisted at VCOM-Virignia about two weeks ago. I talked with admissions and they said my application was viewed favorably. I was just wondering if anyone has heard of any movement on there waitlist

Hey all I got waitlisted at VCOM-Virignia about two weeks ago. I talked with admissions and they said my application was viewed favorably. I was just wondering if anyone has heard of any movement on there waitlist
Would you mind sharing if you called or emailed? I was also waitlisted recently

On the WL for LECOM and PCOM-South Georgia. Any idea how much movement to expect from these schools??

Yesterday was the final traffic day for Allopathic schools.

if my memory serves me correctly the most movement will happen in the next few weeks. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know how much APS movement to expect at ATSU-KCOM?

When you called, what did you say? Did the school seem upset that you called? Do you think it helped you, calling?

if my memory serves me correctly the most movement will happen in the next few weeks. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
Most likely. I already got accepted off the waitlist at an Allopathic school.

• Love

Yeah it doesn't seem like theres been much if any movement at DO schools yet. I've seen some people dropping As though

When you called, what did you say? Did the school seem upset that you called? Do you think it helped you, calling?
I actually emailed the head of the admissions just asking my status... She seemed very pleasant over email. I am not sure if it helped but I don't think it can hurt.

I actually emailed the head of the admissions just asking my status... She seemed very pleasant over email. I am not sure if it helped but I don't think it can hurt.
Thank you! I want to show interest but not be annoying. That’s awesome that you got a reply !

I hope this thread gets more traction. There’s the other waitlist support thread but it’s all a lot of MD school and I think they have movement first. I’m hoping to see more movement for us around the 15th 🤞🤞🤞. Anyone gotten off of a DO waitlist yet or seen a lot of movement in their school threads?

I have a feeling there will be big movement this month.
The national trickle down effect is just beginning!

Reactions: 4 users
I hope this thread gets more traction. There’s the other waitlist support thread but it’s all a lot of MD school and I think they have movement first. I’m hoping to see more movement for us around the 15th 🤞🤞🤞. Anyone gotten off of a DO waitlist yet or seen a lot of movement in their school threads?
I did not get off the WL yet, but reading PCOM Philly's thread; there seems to be some movement that happened last week. Does anyone have any info on the WL at PCOM? Is there a lot of movement from the past years, or are am I dead on the track since it seems to be everyone's top choice

Hi! On the WL for OU-HCOM. Hopoing to see some movement and get accepted soon

Does anyone know how much APS movement to expect at ATSU-KCOM?
Unsure to be quite honest, but as someone who was APS back in 2019 and started in 2020, its not a bad position to be in given you have a guaranteed spot for 2022 the latest.

Unsure to be quite honest, but as someone who was APS back in 2019 and started in 2020, its not a bad position to be in given you have a guaranteed spot for 2022 the latest.
Okay I’m a newb (noob?)but what is APS? How do you know if this is something your school offers? Thanks!

Okay I’m a newb (noob?)but what is APS? How do you know if this is something your school offers? Thanks!
No worries! So APS is "Accepted Pending Seat" which means applicants have indeed been accepted but the class is currently full. So the condition is that at anytime in the cycle you may be pulled off if a seat becomes available. If one does not become available, however, you are automatically enrolled into the next years class. In the case of this cycle, applicants that are APS who do not get off the list for this year automatically are accepted for a July 2022 start. From my experience, KCOM is the only school I've known to do this, but you may want to look into the admissions guide for any school you are applying to.

No worries! So APS is "Accepted Pending Seat" which means applicants have indeed been accepted but the class is currently full. So the condition is that at anytime in the cycle you may be pulled off if a seat becomes available. If one does not become available, however, you are automatically enrolled into the next years class. In the case of this cycle, applicants that are APS who do not get off the list for this year automatically are accepted for a July 2022 start. From my experience, KCOM is the only school I've known to do this, but you may want to look into the admissions guide for any school you are applying to.
Very cool! I think I saw something about this on rocky vista thread. I really appreciate it!

Is it correct that the deadline for commit to enroll is May 15th for those who have multiple As? There's been not much movement on my 5 DO waitlists and hoping there will be more these last two weeks of may

Is it correct that the deadline for commit to enroll is May 15th for those who have multiple As? There's been not much movement on my 5 DO waitlists and hoping there will be more these last two weeks of may
Same here, has anyone seen any movement for any of the schools? I'm stressing myself out trying to think about

Same here, has anyone seen any movement for any of the schools? I'm stressing myself out trying to think about
2/3 waitlists I’m on I’ve seen minimal movement. Holding out for next week but also planning my reapp:(

Oh believe me... I know. I just take it one piece at a time and I’m completely ignoring the thought of paying for it. 🤮
Well. I thought May 15th was the magic day when accepted students needed to narrow down their acceptances to one. It feels like “Crickets.” Has anyone heard of any waitlist movement yet? :)

Well. I thought May 15th was the magic day when accepted students needed to narrow down their acceptances to one. It feels like “Crickets.” Has anyone heard of any waitlist movement yet? :)
My school's got I think 3 peeps off the WL so far- its been slow

2/3 of my school sent an email saying waitlist is still active and they anticipate movement through July but don’t know how much... guess I’ll just study for my retake 😭

2/3 of my school sent an email saying waitlist is still active and they anticipate movement through July but don’t know how much... guess I’ll just study for my retake 😭
Wow. July! When do most programs start?