DO Waitlist Support Thread 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has there been ANY movement this week??
There was some at one of the schools I’m waitlisted at, but they also had a lot of people dropout

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
WCUCOM as well it seems

PCOM Georgia also

This makes me wonder if this is a good or bad thing for those on the waitlist. No other year that I've checked were IIs sent after April, which I would think means they have more turnover occurring than anticipated, but will this mean there may be higher than average waitlist movement as well this year?

This makes me wonder if this is a good or bad thing for those on the waitlist. No other year that I've checked were IIs sent after April, which I would think means they have more turnover occurring than anticipated, but will this mean there may be higher than average waitlist movement as well this year?
I wanna say a good thing, since it could be higher turnover and more seats than normal may be expected to open may 15. For example for WCU, a friend of mine was #84 on the APS list on 11/10 and got accepted on the first 12/15 deadline, meaning that the school went through 84+ people on their list already on the first deadline

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
I wanna say a good thing, since it could be higher turnover and more seats than normal may be expected to open may 15. For example for WCU, a friend of mine was #84 on the APS list on 11/10 and got accepted on the first 12/15 deadline, meaning that the school went through 84+ people on their list already on the first deadline
That's really interesting and I really hope that is what we are about to see for ourselves potentially starting next week.

Someone do me a huge favor and call PCOM and tell them there's a Navy guy on their waitlist who is ready to commit to PCOM fully, so they have one less seat to worry about lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I agree. I think more schools are interviewing later to ensure that their class sizes are full come July. Also not that this was a normal thing, but ACOM sent II into June last year.

I’m still holding onto hope with the initial 2 WL decisions I’ve had since my first post here. But to give an update, I got an acceptance from my 4/28 interview on 05/10. I’m incredibly happy I don’t have to re-app. 😭

Reactions: 3 users
I’m still holding onto hope with the initial 2 WL decisions I’ve had since my first post here. But to give an update, I got an acceptance from my 4/28 interview on 05/10. I’m incredibly happy I don’t have to re-app. 😭
Hoping to see alternate all the way down to see you get an acceptance off the deferred at WCU!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know forsure if this week will be the week movement starts? It seems so strange that waitlist movement is slow across the board for D.O schools so I am honestly not sure what is going on. Compared to last year, schools started decent movements from the start of May which doesn't seem to be the case this time around. It seems like most schools interviewed through last month as well, so I wonder what is causing the delay...

Anyone know forsure if this week will be the week movement starts? It seems so strange that waitlist movement is slow across the board for D.O schools so I am honestly not sure what is going on. Compared to last year, schools started decent movements from the start of May which doesn't seem to be the case this time around. It seems like most schools interviewed through last month as well, so I wonder what is causing the delay...
agreed, not even seeing a lot of "withdrawing my A here" posts but I feel like that influx is tomorrow. People are gonna hold on as long as possible

It could be related to the MD schools having an issue on their commit to enroll deadlines. I looked on a few of those forums and apparently AMCAS had a system wide glitch so schools didn’t know who held multiple As and where they were giving them up. The issue has been fixed and they are stating movement now, so it may just be a trickle down effect that is causing the slow movement.

Just wanted to shoot a friendly reminder, with today being the 15th. Movement likely won’t start today, it will probably be tomorrow. Last year in the forums I was on, people thought there wasn’t going to be any movement if it didn’t start on the 15th. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I'm just going to keep holding my breath for now. It seems like PCOM wants to avoid looking at the WL as much as possible, as they are still interviewing until the end of May. Max pain.

I'm just going to keep holding my breath for now. It seems like PCOM wants to avoid looking at the WL as much as possible, as they are still interviewing until the end of May. Max pain.
But why when there’s plenty of us on the WL willing to commit😩😩😩

Starting a manifestation thread like on the MD forum!

I have decided that I will be receiving an acceptance email from my alternate list school by the end of this week. Thank you!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users

I have decided that I will be receiving an acceptance email from my alternate list school by the end of this week. Thank you!!!
tmp.gif

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
This week or next week will be MY week! I WILL be accepted from either school as both are on my list! I WILL be starting medical school this summer/fall!
Manifesting ✨✨✨🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users

I WILL be receiving an acceptance THIS week and I WILL be starting medical school THIS year
MANIFESTING AND PRAYING 🙏💫✨

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
We will get that call or email and we WILL be med students THIS fall!!! :)

• Care
this thread honestly warms my heart and makes me feel so much less alone. thank you to whoever made it! manifesting an acceptance for me (and the rest of you) this week or as soon as possible 💪🏽

• Care
  • Love
The amount of times I check my email and my phone is ungodly but we WILL hear back soon YALL. We will be doctors ❤️

• Care
I have decided that I will get off this alternate list by the end of June!

• Love
this thread honestly warms my heart and makes me feel so much less alone. thank you to whoever made it! manifesting an acceptance for me (and the rest of you) this week or as soon as possible 💪🏽
got off the waitlist at one of my schools yesterday and couldn’t be more grateful! still on the waitlist at my top choice though, so will still be sticking around on this thread 💪 good luck to us all!

• Care
got off the waitlist at one of my schools yesterday and couldn’t be more grateful! still on the waitlist at my top choice though, so will still be sticking around on this thread 💪 good luck to us all!
I’m in the same boat. We got this!!

• Care
Manifesting to get off this alternate list at WCU, went from rank 66 to rank 37 🤞🏽

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
trying to manifest as well!!

“I will be receiving an acceptance email from my waitlist school by the end of this week. Thank you 🙏 ☺️”

Has lots of movement with DO schools been happening or does it seem slow this year?

The worst part is seeing the fb groups increasing in size while you’re still on the waitlist🥲

feels like i am the only one not getting accepted hahahaa. Sitting on three waitlists.

Hi! I was waitlisted at two DO schools and now accepted at both!

Stats: MCAT 1st attempt: 492, 2nd attempt: 499, GPA: sGPA: 2.99, cGPA:3.6
2 Fs, 9 C/C-s, 3 Ds, many Bs
ORM (Asian)
No Doctors in family, not upper class
7 publications, very extensive research, 1 year FTE research, strong extracurriculars, volunteering, and personal statement
1st time applying, applied very late in the cycle, so only applied to DO schools.

Just putting this out there for anyone who might be struggling, or for anyone with poor grades. This whole time I have seen that an F will ruin pretty much all my chances of getting in. I am not an URM, nor do I have any specific advantages to getting in like family or connections. Keep your head up and keep grinding! I was not very academically focused during my undergrad, but things like research and volunteering can always offset your application!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
A today!! Manifesting worked guys. I know it will happen for you all

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I will get off this alternate list by the end of next week, thank you god in advance!

• Love
Got the A today too 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 manifesting for all of y’all docs

• Love
  • Care