do withrawals really hurt?

Started by imi55
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

imi55

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
whats up people,
so, i'm taking some grad school courses - i took 8 credits in the fall and got straight A's.
This spring, I'm takin a med school course and have really not been focussing (have had other stuff going on). My question is, I'm onlt taking this 5 credit course - I want to withdraw because
1. I'm np doing well in it (maybe get a C)
2. If i drop it I will have time to retake the mcat this april and pull up my score of 28

-How bad will a WD look on my transcript?
 
Well, in my opinion...I really think that 1 W from now until you graduate will not look bad. 2 W's is pushing it. 3 W's is probably too many. You'll probably get a better response posting in the pre-allopathic or pre-osteopathic forums.