Do you eat breakfast?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plsfoldthx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This does not apply if you wake up at noon. I've been skipping breakfast everyday lately and eating really large meals late in the day. Will this be sustainable when ms 2 year starts?

Members don't see this ad.

Bfast is the most important meal of the day brah! U can't get swole without yo metabolism firin brah! Be a champion brah!

Members don't see this ad :)
Cavemen who didn't eat breakfast were eaten by dinosaurs. It's a fact. Be a champion brah! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

This does not apply if you wake up at noon. I've been skipping breakfast everyday lately and eating really large meals late in the day. Will this be sustainable when ms 2 year starts?

Not if you wake up at 7/8 and go to class. How will you concentrate without breakfast?

P.S. Skipping meals is not the key to staying in shape/at healthy weight. Instead, eat smaller meals spread throughout the day.

Man up and eat a power breakfast. Here's mine:

2 eggs, some egg whites mixed with turkey, shredded cheddar and spinach. Make that into a dank omellete and top with chalula hot sauce or siracha. Alternatively, eat oatmeal with cinnamon and/or blueberries. Now if you're gonna be donig heavy cardio that day then I suggest drinking a protein shake as well with a whole banana. Restock that muscle glycogen and put everyone else to sham at da gym. QUIT MIRIN BRO

This guy gets it brah! Be genetically different brah, get mired on! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Eat your breakfast, man. It's probably best if you start getting used to eating breakfast anyway for residency. :thumbup:

Bfast is the most important meal of the day brah! U can't get swole without yo metabolism firin brah! Be a champion brah!

This.

My breakfast = 4 pieces of french toast + 4 scrambled eggs with veggies + fruit + gummy bears + protein shake.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm loving the community feel here brah! Makes me all warm and fuzzy.

Brah.

you wanna go straight catabolic brah? didnt think so. cop those egg white and protein shake on your way to 180 g protein a day brah

you wanna go straight catabolic brah? didnt think so. cop those egg white and protein shake on your way to 180 g protein a day brah

Eating only egg whites is dumb.

The yolks have all the nutrition in them.

Have fun having your cholesterol be through the roof brah! Yolk is a joke brah!

My cholesterol is actually perfect, Poo Man.

You do realize cholesterol the molecule that's found in egg yolks is not the same "cholesterol" thaf is carried in the serum, right? The "cholesterol" you're referring to are lipoproteins, of which only one component is cholesterol. And not all lipoproteins are created equal.

http://blog.trackyourplaque.com/2012/02/60-year-old-man-dies-of-high-cholesterol.html

Last edited:

You do realize cholesterol the molecule that's found in egg yolks is not the same "cholesterol" that's measured in the serum, right? The "cholesterol" you're referring to are lipoproteins. And not all lipoproteins are created equal.

Huge buzz kill, brah!!

You do realize cholesterol the molecule that's found in egg yolks is not the same "cholesterol" thaf is carried in the serum, right? The "cholesterol" you're referring to are lipoproteins, of which only one component is cholesterol. And not all lipoproteins are created equal.

http://blog.trackyourplaque.com/2012/02/60-year-old-man-dies-of-high-cholesterol.html

Brah I'm mirin that knowledge of yours, but that negative attitude is killin me brah!! I hate to do this brah: :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:

skipping breakfast may put you at increased risk for gall stones.

some suggest that if you must skip breakfast, at least drink a ton (half a liter) of water when you wake up, which can stimulate the gall bladder to release it's stuff.

I never understood why bfast is the most important meal. Then again, I never eat breakfast foods for breakfast, ill easily eat hot dogs, steak or spaghetti and grilled chicken at 8am :p

Oh and coffee. COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE

Vibrams brah, crossfit, paleo, PRIMAL BRAH!!! ALPHA

It's not IF if you do it every day.

There are eating strategies, if you will, that promote eating only during specific windows of time throughout a day.....yes, every day. For example, give yourself an 8 hour window of time to eat your food for the whole day, and don't eat (i.e., fast) for the other 16 hours. For simplicity sake, many people who do this choose to use their sleeping hours as part of the fasting time, and then skip breakfast to reach their total fasting time. That's why I suggested the OP look into this.

Example:

12noon-8pm: eat

8pm-12noon: don't eat

I never understood why bfast is the most important meal. Then again, I never eat breakfast foods for breakfast, ill easily eat hot dogs, steak or spaghetti and grilled chicken at 8am :p

Oh and coffee. COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE

Yeah I've been skipping breakfast a lot as well... I don't think its all that important. There really isn't much evidence for it, commercials to the contrary.

Last edited:
It is a testament to the success of General Mills and similar firms that most people believe "breakfast is the most important meal of the day". This statement is not borne out by any significant evidence. In fact, the opposite may be true.

Gotta disagree brah, I eat bfast ery day and I'm a champ!! My friend didn't eat breakfast and he got eaten by a tiger! Fact brah!:thumbup:

Gotta disagree brah, I eat bfast ery day and I'm a champ!! My friend didn't eat breakfast and he got eaten by a tiger! Fact brah!:thumbup:

You can't argue with fact, brah!! Clearly, you should eat breakfast! Listen to this guy..he's a champ!

Brah.

Please find me the study that says breakfast is most important meal of the day

im sure its a study done from the 1960s!!

i eat when IAM HUNGRY!

There are eating strategies, if you will, that promote eating only during specific windows of time throughout a day.....yes, every day. For example, give yourself an 8 hour window of time to eat your food for the whole day, and don't eat (i.e., fast) for the other 16 hours. For simplicity sake, many people who do this choose to use their sleeping hours as part of the fasting time, and then skip breakfast to reach their total fasting time. That's why I suggested the OP look into this.

Example:

12noon-8pm: eat

8pm-12noon: don't eat
that's my exact schedule right now actually. I eat almost anything I want in that window and I never seem to pass 3000 calories. And I exercise fasted.

I've noticed that it's becoming easier to go through the mornings without hunger and I can't say I feel less sharp. I definitely don't have that "burst" that a cup of orange juice would give, but it's more sustainable. Only problem is when I eat at 12, I usually eat about 1000 calories and I just want to go to to sleep lol.

So now I'm thinking about extending the period to about 6pm. So I'll just eat like all my calories in one meal, which will cause me to sleep, and I won't be hungry the next day til like afternoon/evening in which time i can get all my stuff done and not think about food all day

can someone aware me on intermittent fasting. Just the cliffs, and possibly the best studies supporting it.

that's my exact schedule right now actually. I eat almost anything I want in that window and I never seem to pass 3000 calories. And I exercise fasted.

I've noticed that it's becoming easier to go through the mornings without hunger and I can't say I feel less sharp. I definitely don't have that "burst" that a cup of orange juice would give, but it's more sustainable. Only problem is when I eat at 12, I usually eat about 1000 calories and I just want to go to to sleep lol.

So now I'm thinking about extending the period to about 6pm. So I'll just eat like all my calories in one meal, which will cause me to sleep, and I won't be hungry the next day til like afternoon/evening in which time i can get all my stuff done and not think about food all day

I've been doing this lately and it's interesting. I wake up around 6am and usually get a little hungry around noon, but after that I'm good to go until the evening. I only run into problems when I decide to go to the gym in the afternoon as I have very little energy to do much. If I know I'm going to the gym I'll grab a Cliff bar or something similar so that I don't pass out.

Give it a try and see what you think. I actually kinda like it.

(sent from my phone)

lot of broscience in this thread

hSDN is where all the "brah" people most likely hang.

That or on the Jersey Shore boardwalk :D

And be sure to include plenty of brahccoli.

I have adapted to eating once a day and sleeping for 10 hours.

<3 summer semesters.

this thread is a great reminder that I need to start eating breakfast again.
after undergrad 3 cups of coffee became my breakfast......... t.t