Do you ever get motivated by SDN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

masterMood

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So yeah we're all addicted to SDN, probably so much where we can put it down as an extracurricular activitity. Most of the time the questions and spank posts that are here are interesting to read, but once in a while you get a post or thread that makes you feel like damn, I WANT TO KIUCK SOEME MAJOR ASS. No one gets in ym way. Even with the almost impossible work loads, and all the e.c. stuff you have to do, it makes me feel at least challenged and even more aggressive in beating the **** out of every class and activity. Like for instance, I am getting the most notorious professor for chemistry next semester but I don't care, because it only makes me want to kick his ass more. YEAAAAAAAAAARGH.

Except labs, labs are not cool.

Members don't see this ad.

yes i do.
i just wish i had found sdn before my 3rd yr in college, it would have made being premed a whole lot easier.

Hermit MMood said:
So yeah we're all addicted to SDN, probably so much where we can put it down as an extracurricular activitity.
I really did put SDN down as an EC. :laugh:

If you want to do well in lab, make sure to prep your experiments before you come in. Students waste a lot of time in lab b/c they come in there and have no idea what they're supposed to be doing.

Members don't see this ad :)
It think it really bums me out most of the times.

Motivation?....yes

I agree with jtank though...i wish i would have found this dang site during 3rd year. It would have made my life so much easier, especially since my pre-med advisor didn't help too much along the way.

SDN totally motivates me. Like when you have an effulgent, intoxicated, self-proclaimed "under-dog" gal posting "I did it!!!"(she got into a school)-- That makes me grin from ear to ear!
And when I see that there are other pre-meds that are struggling with the same stuff I've struggled with, I feel validated and that I'm not stupid, just human...
And when I can offer advice, I try to take it myself, too.
Totally motivating. I love SDN.

If anything it makes me feel stupid :)

SDN makes me wish for more interviews. it makes me stress out. but it gives me good info and some good opinions.

Yea, most of the time it bums me out and makes me panic, but im still addicted.

SDN makes me wanna be a better man.
-mota

Personally, I think SDN has made me a maniac and I'm not thankful for that. SDN is, for the most part, an elitist club (however not by design) and don't get much out of it right now. But I'm addicted and I do, on occasion, find some useful information on here (or I'll post a serious question.)

If SDN were to blow up in the cosmic internet ether, I would not be sad. I would be able to reclaim about 1 hour a day.

For what it's worth, I am susceptible to other white-collar addictions, like eating an entire giant candy bar at once, only to feel sick for the rest of the day. Or eat an entire bag of tortilla chips for dinner. SDN is just another way for me to waste time.

SDN is a total motivator for me. As a non-trad with no premed councelling or guidance I would never have turned in my AMCAS or LORs in time, had anyone usefully critique my essays, etc. I was totally uneducated about the whole infuriating process before I stumbled across SDN shortly after taking the MCAT..

Not only that but I'm sure it's a huge relief to my friends and family that I have somewhere to go to vent and worry endlessly about essays, applications, interviews, etc so I don't have to bug them with it!!

It's AIM for nerds.

Yea, mostly it just depresses me. Being an underdog applicant, i shouldnt look at this ****, but somehow I am compelled to come back. It's a vicious cycle.