Do you fill your prescriptions at the pharmacy you work in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

crossurfingers

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just curious to see how many of you do. A lot of my coworkers get theirs filled at our work, but I still get mine from another pharmacy despite the discount. I don't know if I want my coworkers all up my past medical history. :scared:
 
crossurfingers said:
Just curious to see how many of you do. A lot of my coworkers get theirs filled at our work, but I still get mine from another pharmacy despite the discount. I don't know if I want my coworkers all up my past medical history. :scared:

yeah I filled my medications in the pharmacy i worked at when i used to work there. And as for coworkers knowing ur business, they don't have to. just fill it yourself and let the pharmacist authorize it. I actually worked at the pharmacy and even when the front desk clerks came to get medications, I did not remember what they got the next day. I dont know about your pharmacy, but mine was too busy for all that. For fun, i used to look up celeb profiles, and even then, i would have forgotten some hours later. So i would not worry about it.
 
Psychoanalyzed said:
yeah I filled my medications in the pharmacy i worked at when i used to work there. And as for coworkers knowing ur business, they don't have to. just fill it yourself and let the pharmacist authorize it. I actually worked at the pharmacy and even when the front desk clerks came to get medications, I did not remember what they got the next day. I dont know about your pharmacy, but mine was too busy for all that. For fun, i used to look up celeb profiles, and even then, i would have forgotten some hours later. So i would not worry about it.

Looking up anyones profile is a HIPPA violation. Someone at UF got kicked out of school for looking up a celebrity profile while on a hospital rotation. You'd better get out of that habit.

To answer the question, I get my prescriptions at another chain from where I work. I have insurance, so the copay is the same whereever I go.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I get my prescriptions filled at my store, but I don't have anything on my profile that I'd mind coworkers seeing. It's nice because I can just pick it up while I'm at work and don't have to worry about going somewhere else.

Like Dana said, it's definitely a HIPPA violation to look up anyones profile without need. So, other coworkers technically shouldn't be looking at yours, but I know how that goes. Pretty much everybody at my store knows what everyone else is taking. :laugh:

I'm sure we have quite a few famous people in our system but I've never looked. I really don't want to know what conditions people have or what meds they are taking! I'd be afraid I'd find out something way too juicy and it would kill me having to keep the secret! LOL
 
I get mine filled at my store....mostly because they'll fill it faster for me than other customers' prescriptions. 🙂