Do you get to pick your rotation sites??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmv

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For example...I do not want to have rotations at cvs...I refuse to...will I have a choice??...I will be attending UF

Members don't see this ad.

I think some of the rotations are "electives" that you do get to pick. I'm pretty sure there are some required rotations...but maybe just the setting type is required, not the exact store itself. I wish I could be more helpful!

pharmv said:
For example...I do not want to have rotations at cvs...I refuse to...will I have a choice??...I will be attending UF

At UF you first rank the first 5 geographic areas where you are willing to go.
"out of state" is one area. Everything else is by city within the state of Florida.

Second, rank your top 15 specialty rotations.

Then, they will first process all the students with kids. They give these people the rotations closest to their homes. Then the computer processes the rest of us.

If you don't like what you have, you can swap out your rotation. There are always unfilled slots or you can trade with another student. Swap lasts for one month.

There are 2 rotations that are 8 weeks long, the other 7 rotations are 4 weeks long.

Required rotations:
community pharmacy (retail) 4 weeks
ambulatory care (clinic) 8 weeks
adult medicine (hospital) 8 weeks
drug information (corporate) 4 weeks

The rest are specialty elective rotations like psychiatry, surgery, anesthesiology, ICU, trauma, etc. As you can see, there is only one retail rotation with UF. If you get assigned to CVS, you can just swap out of it. I'm doing my retail rotation next month at Target.