Do you guys get company provided trips?

Started by 97obw
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

97obw

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my dads been an i/t manager for 20+ years now (i know that field is dead and outsourced as can be right now) and his company (TIAA CREF) sends him somewhere about 2 times a month to seminars and such...im just wondering do pharmaceutical company's ever send their pharmacists on these types of work related trips?
 
Depends on the company and the position.

For example, as a retail pharmacist at a large chain you are unlikely to get anything. As a district manager in the same chain you will get to travel a lot.

Working for industry, it all depends on your department.

Hospitals I know generally sent pharmacists to either the state convention, or APhA or ASHP... I think it may be the day & money allowance in some cases, but I don't know for sure.

I get three trips this year for my fellowship (one is just a day trip to Philly, though).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Our company pays for the entire ASHP trip for every DOP and Clinical Coordinator.... that's about 150 people.