Do you guys think there will be a lot of movement at this point in the cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo

Reaction score
This cycle felt very weird to me. After December, many schools said that they won't have a lot more interview dates, and then suddenly waitlist emails came out. What do you guys will happen at this point?

Are there still applicants holding multiple spots? will the waitlists move a lot?

just give me your predictions :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
No. At this point, the only reason for movement would be people deciding not to go to dental school. Which usually only happens now because of medical or financial emergencies - which aren’t all that common.

Members don't see this ad :)
No. At this point, the only reason for movement would be people deciding not to go to dental school. Which usually only happens now because of medical or financial emergencies - which aren’t all that common.
Are you saying there are no more waitlist movement, or invites for interviews? (Or both?)

But if you look at past cycles, there is movement during these next months, no? and also the multiple acceptance decision day was April 1st, so would that open up quite a bit of seats in schools?

But if you look at past cycles, there is movement during these next months, no? and also the multiple acceptance decision day was April 1st, so would that open up quite a bit of seats in schools?
I think Ivy was just saying that the waitlist movement won’t be more significant than in years prior (minimal to non-existent depending on the school) which is what the OP was getting at

Reactions: 1 users
I would think most public schools are completely full at this point. There may be some waitlist movements in private schools, but I would think most people are committed this late in the cycle.

Basically, no spot available in cheaper public schools = no waitlist movement in expensive private schools

2020-2021 cycle is effectively finished. If you haven't gotten an acceptance or waitlist notification by now you should have been preparing to reapply months ago

2020-2021 cycle is effectively finished. If you haven't gotten an acceptance or waitlist notification by now you should have been preparing to reapply months ago
I’ve always been ready, Freddy

Technically, notification of acceptance can take place up until the first day of class.
So it's not impossible to get in but gotta admit that the chance is slim

For waitlists or interviews?

have you heard back from waitlisted schools? I remember your post
Not yet :/ Sent my letters of interests already and am waiting patiently. 2 of the schools were essentially me interviewing for the waitlist (with LECOM putting me on the waitlist a week later). I feel like waitlists barely move this particular cycle.