A lot of research hours but nothing to show for it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HighHopesHere

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
about 600 hrs but no pubs/papers/presentations. anyone else have the same experience and if so was it ever a problem during admission? did they ask questions about why you didnt do anything major in the interview? I usually hop from project to project helping people but I never took my own project.

Members don't see this ad.

about 600 hrs but no pubs/papers/presentations. anyone else have the same experience and if so was it ever a problem during admission? did they ask questions about why you didnt do anything major in the interview? I usually hop from project to project helping people but I never took my own project.
dontworryaboutit
just tell the truth...

Reactions: 1 user
youre going to be okay, be honest and maybe talk about trying to learn different experiences and techniques

they did ask me about the research I did, but didn't grill me on why I wanted to do it, or why this specific lab, or how come this is the only stuff you've worked on for a year and a half, etc. They just want to see your passion for your EC's. So show it by talking about it.

Reactions: 1 user