Do you have to send transcripts from high school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AntiSandman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
(I'm sorry, I posted this topic before, but I figured I didn't phrase it properly.)

If you took community college courses during high school (eg. junior year), do you have to include the transcript from the community college in your application?

Would the AMCAS really care if they discovered a student doesn't send in any college course grades even if they are prior to when a student actually graduates high school?

Members don't see this ad.

yes you must send them, and yes they will be used to calculate your overall gpa

yes you must send them, and yes they will be used to calculate your overall gpa

I really don't understand why I should have to pay for a mistake I made in high school...

Also, how can they be used to calculate my overall gpa if I don't even use them for credit? Let alone I'm taking one of the same courses again at my current university.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really don't understand why I should have to pay for a mistake I made in high school...

Also, how can they be used to calculate my overall gpa if I don't even use them for credit? Let alone I'm taking one of the same courses again at my current university.

As many other have said, you must submit transcripts from each college/university you attended, including ones you took in high school. It's all in the AMCAS instructions...

And, as someone previously posted, there seems to be ways of tracking what schools students attended here:

http://www.studentclearinghouse.org/

You just made an A- and a B+; why are you so adamant about not including this transcript? Those grades probably won't even make much of an impact on your GPA. If there's probably something else you're trying to hide (I won't ask, since you seem to want to keep it private), I'd say that trying to omit a transcript might haunt you for the rest of the year, wondering whether schools will catch you or not. Do you really want to live with that?

Not that I'm advocating a punishment-avoidance reason for this--it's the ethical thing to follow instructions and submit all transcripts...

As many other have said, you must submit transcripts from each college/university you attended, including ones you took in high school. It's all in the AMCAS instructions...

And, as someone previously posted, there seems to be ways of tracking what schools students attended here:

http://www.studentclearinghouse.org/

You just made an A- and a B+; why are you so adamant about not including this transcript? Those grades probably won't even make much of an impact on your GPA. If there's probably something else you're trying to hide (I won't ask, since you seem to want to keep it private), I'd say that trying to omit a transcript might haunt you for the rest of the year, wondering whether schools will catch you or not. Do you really want to live with that?

Not that I'm advocating a punishment-avoidance reason for this--it's the ethical thing to follow instructions and submit all transcripts...

This is kind of funny. My application can be affected by my not wanting to me lazy over the summer, working their ass off taking a few college courses... Med school admissions is even worse than undergrad...

What am I supposed to do if I want to go to top tier med schools now?

Your only hope now is to file a petition to get those grades changed to A+.

Failing that I would strongly suggest you to start looking for a new career.

A few grades in community college won't make a difference. It's not like they only look at your GPA; there's a reason you send them your entire transcript.

I think it should be made more well-known to high schoolers that community college grades will actual count. I didn't know and I have a B from when I was in 9th grade and took a trig class.

If you're top tier quality, you'll realize that a B+ and an A- aren't going to keep you out. Most people there won't have a 4.0. It takes more than grades to make the package attractive.

This is kind of funny. My application can be affected by my not wanting to me lazy over the summer, working their ass off taking a few college courses... Med school admissions is even worse than undergrad...

What am I supposed to do if I want to go to top tier med schools now?

what year are you in this process?

what year are you in this process?

Freshman, currently studying rigorously, taking max credits for the semester, and maintaining a minimum of 95 in all of my classes. However, finding out that my grades from those community college courses can affect my application, I may end up getting sidetracked.

(I'm sorry, I posted this topic before, but I figured I didn't phrase it properly.)

If you took community college courses during high school (eg. junior year), do you have to include the transcript from the community college in your application?

Would the AMCAS really care if they discovered a student doesn't send in any college course grades even if they are prior to when a student actually graduates high school?

If your CC courses are on your official university transcript then you will have to send the CC transcripts in as well. If there is no record on your degree-granting (i.e. university) transcript of the high school CC classes, then you won't have to send them in. Simple.

Freshman, currently studying rigorously, taking max credits for the semester, and maintaining a minimum of 95 in all of my classes. However, finding out that my grades from those community college courses can affect my application, I may end up getting sidetracked.

I think the first thing you must understand that it takes MUCH more than a perfect grade to become a good MD.

If your CC courses are on your official university transcript then you will have to send the CC transcripts in as well. If there is no record on your degree-granting (i.e. university) transcript of the high school CC classes, then you won't have to send them in. Simple.

That would be simple if it were correct, but it's incorrect.

ALL transcripts must be submitted for any courses taken from post-secondary institutions. It doesn't matter if they were transferred, applied toward a degree, taken for kicks, or what.

OP, one thing that will happen with those CC grades is that they will be broken into a separate category from your freshman -senior grades. The AMCAS sheet will break them out into courses taken during high school, and then separate each year's courses while in college so that the GPA's for Pre-college, freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior years are also shown individually.