CVS has gotten rid of many pharmacists. I believe due to age or having been with the company long enough to have quite a few benefits that they wouldn't be paying if they had a new graduate in their place.
Here are a list of the pharmacists that I know who have gotten the boot.
1. This one about three years ago had to take leave to go to his country because his mother was going to have some kind of surgery. CVS told him that if he came back he might not have a job. I never saw him again after he left. He was Indian.
2. This one was from the Islands. CVS kept writing her up for little things. Saying she wasn't managing the pharmacy right or something. Then they put her on some sort of a plan to get better. She'd been a pharmacist for a while and was older. This was about 2 years ago. She quit I believe before she got fired.
3. This one was an over night pharmacist who had over 10 years of experience. He worked in the hospital part-time and at CVS full-time. After his store stopped being 24hrs, since he was night shift, they moved him to a busy, busy store. They started writing him up for little things. I hope he wasn't dumb enought to keep bringing his laptop to work at that point. Anyway, he quit before they fired him and went back home to NJ where he is now working. He was NJ latin.
4. This is another over night pharmacist who used to work at the same store as the one in number 3. He was fired about 1 year or so before the one in number 3. He used to bring his laptop to work also. I never stayed long enough (because interns don't work overnight) to see if he watched movies on his laptop as the one above used to. He was a minority also.
5. This was a Hatian pharmacist. A very good one who was written up for not wearing his lab coat (He always dressed on point). He was smart, he saw the writting on the wall and quit. He went to Kmart where he used to work.
6. This is another Hatian pharmacist. I had spoken to him a year before this had happened, telling him that CVS is writing people up for any old reason and getting rid of them. They started writing this pharmacist up for things like- he didn't call a patient to tell them that their medication was covered, and saying that he has customer complaints. He too was later fired. He had 20 years with the company. This was 1.5 years ago.
7. Recently I stoped by another CVS pharmacy where I used to work. I too mentioned to this pharmacist that the company was cleaning house. He shrugged it off thinking that the others mentioned above had done something really wrong. He was fired a couple of weeks ago. No one knows why, because he's trying to fight it with lawyers. He had something like 20 years with the company too. And, I can tell you that he was a very, very good pharmacist- friendly, funny and on the ball. He was white, Jewish.
8. Another pharmacist I worked with was an older lady. I believe she had worked for quite a while with CVS as well. They fired her, I didn't find out why. She fought back and is floating. IMO if you are floating, and someone wants to get rid of you, all they have to do is say we don't have any hours. I wish the best for her, she was a good pharmacist too. This happened within this year. She was white.
9. This pharmacist I'd never worked with, but I've heard about this one. CVS asked him to work at another store. He didn't want to do so, as it was too far from his home. He was fired for something that had to do with one of those coupons. This was about 2 years ago.
10. Am sure I can think of a few others. This should suffice.