Do you like the new SDN format?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Do you like the new SDN format?

• Yes

Votes: 82 34.3%
  • No!

Votes: 157 65.7%

• Total voters

TheBiologist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hm?

edit: when i made this thread, i didn't realize it was an april fools joke :D

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This is a joke right? Like a bring back to the 90s/2000s thing?

Reactions: 11 users
At this point I take it as an April Fools gag. I can't type clippy's name without being Rick Rolled...

edit: you're one malicious paper clip!

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
At this point I take it as an April Fools gag. I can't type Rick Astley's name without being Rick Rolled...

edit: you're one malicious paper clip!
rick astley

Reactions: 1 user
Certainly an April Fool's day prank

Reactions: 2 users
If this isn't April Fool's I will be making a rival site and you can all join me there.

EDIT: I just realized I wasn't even using the April Fool's one. Those other two are unbearable, this 90s one isn't 1/2 as bad.

Reactions: 6 users
But wait, why this annoying paper clip?

Reactions: 4 users
I was so confused when I logged on now. I actually hope they keep this as an option...but it would suck to not be able to return to the other styles :eyebrow:

Reactions: 1 users
might be before some of these ppls time

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How do I use the paperclip function? I click on him but he doesn't respond.

I don't know you guys I kind of like this new ~lewk

Not a fan of the new layout, but will go with the flow if this is final.

When I see that paperclip search, it brought me back to Windows 98.

How do I use the Belvedere function? I click on him but he doesn't respond.

That's the point its a 90s throwback. The clip was annoying to Window's users. They are trying to recreate how annoying he was...

Try typing C-L-I-P-P-Y without the dashes. And I literally get clippy.

I love that SDN has this silly, festive element to it. This site can get really dry and tense with endless talk about match lists, standardized tests, grade concerns, etc. It's nice to take a break from all of that to appreciate a 90s-style intentional disaster of a website format. I'm enjoying this!

this is the new format forever and you millenial snowflakes are going to have to get use to it if you want a safe space go facegram about it on your chatsnap

[GIPHY="deal with it"]https://media1.giphy.com/media/wQzipgpBrekV2/giphy.gif[/GIPHY]

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 users
This feels like a bad action movie, where the arch nemesis you thought was dead returns. Only in this case, it's an animated paper clip.

Clippy, the bane of my grade school computer classes, why do you torment me still?

How am I supposed to judge the value of someone's comment without knowing how many likes he/she has?

Reactions: 5 users
There are probably a portion of users not old enough to know about Mr. C l I p p y - so this is annoying.

For those of us who do remember - this is highly traumatic and causing nightmarish flashbacks.

Oh Clippy. You ever annoying but slightly lovable feature of Word. He gets a bad rap, because he did have his usefulness.

Edit: got it. C L I P P Y. Haha Rick rolled

Reactions: 1 users
Never gonna give you up\
Never gonna let you down:whistle:

Terrible April fools joke reverting back to the old format. I hate this. I'll just stay off SDN for a day.

I thought it was an Easter theme at first...then realized it was an April fools joke.

Man, some people are really high strung and have no sense of humor.
It fooled me for a second lol. I was like, "Damn internet explorer browser at work taking me back in time per usual :laugh:."

EDIT: and this happened literally right after I told myself no one will fool me today lmfao. Well played SDN, well played.

It fooled me for a second lol. I was like, "Damn internet explorer browser at work taking me back in time per usual :laugh:."

EDIT: and this happened literally right after I told myself no one will fool me today lmfao. Well played SDN, well played.

Clippy actually showed up last night. I caught him sneaking around and took a screen shot.

I’m loving it!!! Reminds me of middle school! This should stay forever.

Especially the font. So professional, and classy.

Reactions: 5 users
I’m loving it!!! Reminds me of middle school! This should stay forever.

Especially the font. So professional, and classy.

Just getting started on my letter of intent. I think I've found the perfect font. Thanks SDN!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Irritating. It's better than the april fools prank on hub lol... Sharing my video on my facebook wall. I jumped out of bed trying to deactivate my facebook account with sweat dripping from my face.

This is amazing, but I can't figure out the Clippy function. Do I have to actually *post* with that in it?

I'm so disappointed that it didn't work. My April Fool's function is dysfunctional...

Last edited:
Rick Astley
Clippy
Blondie
Tina Turner

EDIT: OOOH. I get the Clippy thing but what about Blondie/Tina Turner?
C-L-I-P-P-Y

EDIT 2: OOH I GET THE THE TINA TURNER. But what about Blondie?