Do you need a webcam to take CASPer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stickgirl390

I tell chemistry jokes periodically.
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the question states. Do I need a webcam for the CASPer test, or do you type all your answers? Thanks!

(PS I already registered, and I know you need a webcam to register. I'm asking for the actual test.)

Members don't see this ad.

You need the webcam for check in (before the test)

Reactions: 1 user
The webcam stays on. They record the whole thing.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is this a new feature? I have never heard of them recording throughout the test in previous years.
My macs webcam stayed green the whole time. I thought it was odd too and hope it turned off afterward lol

I've heard people say they record you the whole time but all they mention on their website is that you need to take a pic before.

Just took the 2pm CASPer. There's a sentence when you first start that says they record the whole thing and check the footage to ensure integrity.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else get this error message: "We are sorry but there we some errors during initializing your webcamera: . Try again later or use another computer."

I am using chrome on a MacBook Pro.

Anyone else get this error message: "We are sorry but there we some errors during initializing your webcamera: . Try again later or use another computer."

I am using chrome on a MacBook Pro.
I have a Mac and used chrome but it worked for me. Are you using newest version of chrome? Did you click the "allow the casper website to access my webcam" pop up box?

I have a Mac and used chrome but it worked for me. Are you using newest version of chrome? Did you click the "allow the casper website to access my webcam" pop up box?
Hmm, I have the newest version of Chrome and didn't see that pop-up window. Also tried Firefox and had no success.

Edit: Restarted computer and it worked! Weird...

Last edited: