Do you need all references and hours verified before applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Daniel M. Pitta

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One or two of the PTs that I've worked under take forever to respond via email and haven't returned recent calls...these are both people that I am asking for references and to verify observational hours from. Is this something that would impede my progress on sending out my apps? I ask because I have pretty much everything ready to upload to PTCAS, and I don't want this to slow me down.
 
Yes. Your application will not be processed until those are verified. You can upload everything else now, though.
 
One or two of the PTs that I've worked under take forever to respond via email and haven't returned recent calls...these are both people that I am asking for references and to verify observational hours from. Is this something that would impede my progress on sending out my apps? I ask because I have pretty much everything ready to upload to PTCAS, and I don't want this to slow me down.
Find their numbers and call them or go see them. You need to get your application in early. Also did they agree to do this?