Do you "research" your interviewers before you go on an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hemichordate

Peds
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes, it is wise to be knowledgeable about where you are interviewing and with whom are you interviewing.
No, you should not feign interest.

Getting a little background is alright but they will see right through you if you feign interest in their field or view you as in ingenious person.

Members don't see this ad :)
How often do you know who your interviewer is? I mean, do schools actually give you the whole list of people you'll be meeting?

(sorry, it's my first time around)

Only SLU told me who my interviewer was ahead of time. All other schools gave me my interviewer info on the day of the interview.

I never knew who my interviewer would be in advance (at Albany and Madison I didn't even know how many interviews I would have...).

I also had only one school that told me ahead of time who my interviewers would be.

Good to know. I think it may be a while until I have to worry about what I should or should not know about my interviewer ;)

WashU tells you the week before, if that's at all helpful.

I had a few schools where I knew my interviewers ahead of time. I looked them up but didn't read their papers or anything.

I always interjected a question about a part of their background that interested me. i.e. So I was noticing that you pursued the MD/MBA path, has the extra degree been useful to you and would you recommend others do it?

Last edited: