Do you think my Commty College counselor/registrar would write on my transcript applying to uni?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SterlingMaloryArcher

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
The way my transcript is set up it does a poor job differentiating my dual enrollment (taken in high school) courses (B's, C's, D's, and F's) and my post-graduation coursework (All A's.) UVA requires a hard copy of the official transcript be sent to them from my community college. I was wondering if you guys thought it would be too much to ask my counselor to maybe draw a line on the paper between HS & College and differentiate it better before they send it?

Do you think it would help anyway? I will say looking at my transcript having the first two semesters being poor looks bad to the eye. I'm worried the admissions officer may take a quick look at it and assume it was post-graduation and make a decision they otherwise wouldn't if they were made aware it was DE.

*Applying from CC to 4-year, NOT med school

Members don't see this ad.

I've seen thousands of transcripts in my 20+ years in admissions (not just in med admission but in grad admissions, too) and every transcript has a date above the list of courses taken during that time frame (e.g. Fall 2013...courses.... Fall 2017.... courses....). It should be very obvious to an admissions officer who has their eyes open to see that some of the course work was taken prior to your HS graduation and some was taken years later.

Reactions: 2 users