General Admissions & OTCAS Do you think school closings for COVID-19 will affect acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTgirl7945

Reaction score
I haven't heard from some schools who are still making admission decisions. Some are now going to online learning or extending spring break. Do you think that will have an effect on hearing back from schools in a timely manner?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Probably will affect that but only postpone a little longer. I'm sure they have the information on computers which could likely be transferred to laptops at home. I'm hoping my packet got mailed out before they closed the school I was accepted too. Especially because I don't even know where to pay my deposit. Either that or just send everything digitally.

Reactions: 1 user
This is making me so antsy... I haven't heard back and was told it would be a week later after the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
It definitely will postpone things. My OT school has given us the week off next week for professors to prepare to move to completely online classes starting 3/23.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Now that everything is moving offline/off-site... I wonder if acceptances will be halted until staff attendance in-person resumes or acceptances can still be announced off-site... the anxiety!