Do...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WinneDaFoo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
medical schools discuss applicants with other schools? i know that they are not "supposed to" but has anybody heard otherwise from adcoms, or other people in high places? and be specific please.

thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

medical schools discuss applicants with other schools? i know that they are not "supposed to" but has anybody heard otherwise from adcoms, or other people in high places? and be specific please.

thanks guys!

I'm sure they only do it on a personal level if anything. Like a doc who interviewd some bizaaro applicant might mention it for some laughs during a lunch with a fellow doc at another school or something.

Sometimes I wonder why these questions are asked...

The book "Med School Confidential", which is written by med students explicitly says that schools may talk about you...not sure how though...

Interesting thread. Hopefully an adcom will see it and post

I seriously doubt that they have time to do this. The student's application is not nearly as important to the school as it is to the applicant. That's why I keep questioning the usefulness of letters of intent, constant badgering, thank you notes, etc.