Doctor strikes back at lawyer who sued him

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
juddson said:
I am glad we agree.

Judd

Yep. We sure do.

Members don't see this ad.

kinetic said:
P.S. Learn what a "bait" is. It's not a bait to say that you love lawyers or that you hate lawyers. That's just your opinion. A bait is your "I want to be a litigation lawyer just so I can sue your asses and make lots of money!" line. Were I to bait you, this is what it would look like:

"Juddson, not only do I make medical mistakes, they're not even really mistakes. I like to f*** people up for fun just because I'm bored and need something to do. And you can't stop me! Ain't life grand?"

Oh BULL****!! Don't patronize me. Telling me that you would let an attorney die in the street while you laughed as you looked on is "baiting" me, pure and simple. Hey, it's OK to be a jerk, but be an honest one.

Judd

juddson said:
Hey, it's OK to be a jerk, but be an honest one.

kinetic said:
Ever notice how, when a lawyer is defending his client, it's "I'm not here to determine who's right and wrong - that's your job! If you get it wrong, that's your too bad! I'm just here to represent my client. That's my only duty ...to my client (who is paying me, by the way)!!"

But then they stand around pompously spouting the old "we are the defendants of truth and justice and you wouldn't have rights if it weren't for us because we practically wrote the Constitution and if we didn't then at least we're the people who guarantee your liberties" line when people dump on them.

Fulfill your own criterion, please.

P.S. Saying that I would let lawyers who participate in frivolous lawsuits die in the streets is not a bait. They are engaging in a practice that I find despicable, so the fact that I would not want to treat them is logical. Whereas your "I'm gonna sue your ass into the ground and you can't stop me and I'm gonna laugh as I go to the bank with your money" line is clearly a bait because it is intended solely as a jibe (refer to my example in order to see what a true bait from me would look like).

kinetic said:
Fulfill your own criterion, please.

P.S. Saying that I would let lawyers who participate in frivolous lawsuits die in the streets is not a bait. They are engaging in a practice that I find despicable, so the fact that I would not want to treat them is logical. Whereas your "I'm gonna sue your ass into the ground and you can't stop me and I'm gonna laugh as I go to the bank with your money" line is clearly a bait because it is intended solely as a jibe (refer to my example in order to see what a true bait from me would look like).

Now you're just making an ass of yourself.

If I thought for a second that you would actually let an attorney die on the street while you watched and laughed, then I would be prepared to say that you were not "baiting" me. If you prefer the alternative, then I refer you the the "rat hole" comment.

Admit this bit of silliness so we can move on.

Judd

Moreover, who am I "baiting" by saying that "I would let lawyers who participate in frivolous lawsuits die in the streets"? Obviously if anyone, it would be lawyers who participate in frivolous lawsuits. I find it hilarious that you take such umbrage at that statement.

And if that weren't enough, consider: if I say that I wish child molesters would get beaten to a pulp, is that a "bait"? It is, according to juddson's criterion, since you are badmouthing someone - regardless of any other information. (But not according to mine, note, since I have a justification for the beating - I disagree with child molestation.)

juddson said:
Now you're just making an ass of yourself.

If I thought for a second that you would actually let an attorney die on the street while you watched and laughed, then I would be prepared to say that you were not "baiting" me. If you prefer the alternative, then I refer you the the "rat hole" comment.

Admit this bit of silliness so we can move on.

Judd

What silliness? I made a statement and - since YOU arbitrarily decided that you would not believe it - I'm "baiting" you. AND I have to admit that I don't really feel this way. This makes a lot of sense and is a great argument, juddson. I'm sure that works in court - "I mandate that you don't really feel that way, so fess up and we can move on!" Like I've said before, you must have been a great lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.