Doctors and free healthcare

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ross434

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so, do you know any doctors who are employees who get free health coverage for their families?? My mom's a clinical lab scientist for the local HMO, and our family gets free health insurance as part of her benefits. Do most salaried employee docs get this too? I realize it varies, I'm just asking what your knowledge is about specific instances. This is a pretty huge benefit.

Members don't see this ad.

Doesnt that man in your avatar get some kind of free healthcare as well? Damn those politicians, they get everything!

Blue Scrub said:
Doesnt that man in your avatar get some kind of free healthcare as well? Damn those politicians, they get everything!

Cheney gets free everything, because he's just that badass. When you're in with big oil and defense, you pretty much have everything in your life taken care of. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Very true! Dont other politicians though get really great healthcare at very low rates, if not free? Thought I heard that somewhere...

Blue Scrub said:
Very true! Dont other politicians though get really great healthcare at very low rates, if not free? Thought I heard that somewhere...

It depends. Some congressman get it provided as part of their benefits. Others go along with state plans. In my state, at least, all government employees get freakin insane discounts on all kinds of insurance.