Doctors behaving badly, Part II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Agree 100%.

What a lot of people don't realize that once you put on that white coat, it sticks to you.
Agree 100% I think people forget how much a physician can impact a small community, or just their community of patients. Many times they're the role models for youth. You better be a good one.

This is also why imo, once you graduate medical school and are a physician maybe even 3rd and 4th years too), you shouldn't drink excessively and not in public. You're on call 100% of the time, even when you're not on call. But maybe this view is me being a bit jaded at the amount of med students that seem to still party like it's undergrad.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The doctor may not be a risk, but his judgement certainly is, especially on film. I dont think this episode in his life will end up being a practice enhancer. He could get fired. Look what happens when people behave badly on social media.
He just seems like an ass. Which isn't a doc I'd want to see.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree 100% I think people forget how much a physician can impact a small community, or just their community of patients. Many times they're the role models for youth. You better be a good one.

This is also why imo, once you graduate medical school and are a physician maybe even 3rd and 4th years too), you shouldn't drink excessively and not in public. You're on call 100% of the time, even when you're not on call. But maybe this view is me being a bit jaded at the amount of med students that seem to still party like it's undergrad.

Yeah, maybe but don't forget this isn't a physician thing. Anything you do is potentially a viral video that can cost you your job nowadays.

I'm worried about this concept of excessive self-modulation and being 100% on call. We have a huge burnout problem. Just thinking about that sentiment exhausts me.

Know your limits, try not to do anything film-worthy, and try to keep yourself healthy and happy in your time-off so that you're the best you can be for your patients.

Reactions: 1 users