Doctors In Training (DIT) - Recommended?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocYuki

The Gamer Student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN,
It's been a long, long time since my last post, haha. I've been busy with the notorious pre-clinical years.

I am preparing for Step I, which I am scheduled to take on June 3rd, 2009. I have the essentials ready to go once finals are over on May 8th:

-First Aid 2009
-Goljan Audio and RR Book
-USMLE World
-Clinical Micro Made Ridiculously Simple
-BRS Physio, Path

But there's one major detail. I am the kind of guy who, when it comes to things like preparing for Step I, needs something structured; a push, if you will. I'm not confident I can get up every morning and cover all I need to by myself.

I wouldn't consider a KAPLAN course because they are too expensive and I know that company doesn't bode well with me from previous experience. I was considering this little company: http://doctorsintraining.com/

I have zero knowledge of how they are. Noone at my med-school has an opinion, except for the fact that noone was impressed when they came and spoke to us. But has anyone on here tried them out? They offer, for $600, a series of lectures spanning 15 straight days, each day being 5-6 hours of lecture. The lectures are meant to be active-learning and they use First Aid 2009 as the text book. I don't see how this could go wrong, but the guy who lectures kind of creeps me out. I don't know if I trust him...he might just read straight off of First Aid and waste my $600.

So money, and more importantly, good test prep technique is at stake. I'm the kind of person who needs the push of watching daily lectures, but is this worth the cost?

Anyone with first-hand experience or any idea beyond what I know (which is just what DIT says) is invited to offer an opinion. It would greatly help me out. Thanks! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

In my opinion, you can't possibly see this stuff enough, or in too many different ways.

Yeah, if you're a whiz and you've already got all this crap down pat, then you might not get your money's worth.

For the average med student (my picture is in the dictionary next to "the average med student"), I think stuff like this can be beneficial. Some people will get more from it than others, but if you really listen to the guy and do his questions and stuff, I think it would be pretty helpful. That's what I'm counting on anyway.

I agree.. one of the main reasons I am doing the course is because of this.. there is ALWAYS a perspective (or 1000) that is different than your own and seeing things from different angles can make a huge difference. And I also feel like if left to my own devices, I am going to slack behind at some point.. so far I am only 7 days into my 'official' studying and I have done pretty well, but I know I'm not going to make it through to day 42 without someone kicking my butt along the way.

On Day 10 of DIT. So far I have seen pretty nice improvements in my World qbank scores (I perform blocks of 48Q usually). Yes, he certainly goes through things we already may know, but he ties concepts together that are scattered throughout FA - and FA is very choppy.
My Likes:
-pushes me through FA, much better than trying to read these sentence fragments on my own
-allows me to get very familiar w/ where everything is in FA - which is great when reviewing World questions and writing information down and tying it all together
-tons of quizzing and repetition - um, yeah this is pretty much how we learned in our first two years of med school right - repetition, repetition, repetition. so it makes sense this is how you want to review/learn for Step 1.
-keeps you honest - you may think you've memorized every tumor marker or neuroleptic exactly, but maybe you haven't - again the quizzing forces you to recall, which hopefully will make recognition on the exam much easier
-forces you to revisit stuff you've studied a few days ago to keep high yield points fresh

My Dislikes:
-sometimes goes on for too long about MS-III info - that's great and all but i only have 30d to learn this stuff and my main priority is Step 1
-as a result of the above, sometimes i feel less time is devoted to something more high yield that he reads to fast
-MISPRONOUNCES SO MANY THINGS!! aaahh, this is so annoying. beta islet cells are not pronounced 'izlet', as in 'izzy' from grey's anatomy, they are pronounced "EYE-let". how has he made it this far and still says this? or maybe i'm the dumb one and there are two pronounciations but i'm not aware of this one w/ the Z! placenta acreeta is acreeTa, not accretia (he pronounces it as if it sounds like 'accresha'). there are others but i can't think of them off the top of my head.

Overall I do feel the $600 was worth it. For me. I'll be done w/ the 15d program around the beginning of June, which leaves me just under 2 weeks to re-read my FA w/ all the extras I've written in, plus do as many World questions as I can w/out going cross-eyed. I may/may not have time to reference Goljan RR (which I used w/ Robbins all throughout 2nd year).

If you are looking for something to help you go through FA so you don't feel like you're simply reading 500+pgs of bullet points and need repetition, quizzing, and learn by making associations...and if you have at least 30d (and $600) to use this program, I say DIT is a great option. Let's hope this positivity takes me to a happy place on June 18.

Peace.

contessa, if you don't mind sharing, what score range are you looking to get on the real thing and are you doing the entire course in 15 days?

another question in general, do you HAVE to review the material after the lectures for 3 to 4 hours to tie it all together or can you do a ton of a questions? i know no one is pointing a gun to my head but what do people typically do after the lectures? questions are of utmost importance to me and doing the videos plus reviewing the day's worth of info might leave little to no time for some solid question practice

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering if you guys do a re-run of your solved DIT work book/quizzes right before exam day or do you just fill it in now to strengthen understanding and never look at it again for last minute review later?

In other words: how did you benefit and optimize your gains from this work book best?

I was wondering if you guys do a re-run of your solved DIT work book/quizzes right before exam day or do you just fill it in now to strengthen understanding and never look at it again for last minute review later?

In other words: how did you benefit and optimize your gains from this work book best?

My run-through of my annotated first-aid over the last week was the most high yield.

By the end of the course, you should have a pretty good feel for the associations in the workbook. It doesn't hurt to skim through them again, but I wouldn't prioritize it.

I took the plunge and got DIT today. I should be receiving the syllabus tomorrow to begin the course. I really hope it's worth it. I think it will be. It will give me structure, and take me through FA (otherwise I was going to do like other poster and stick a red hot rod through my eye, lol).

Just a bit ago I was looking at my calendar and I am freaking out even though I have 5 weeks left, and I feel I'm running like a headless chicken. So hopefully the course will tame this asinine anxiety.

Third time's the charm!

And my post-step 1/finally going back to school for good present is going to be the HTC Evo <drooling>

PS: they have a 25$ coupon. Not a lot but it allows you to upgrade the shipping w/o remorse.

contessa, if you don't mind sharing, what score range are you looking to get on the real thing and are you doing the entire course in 15 days?

another question in general, do you HAVE to review the material after the lectures for 3 to 4 hours to tie it all together or can you do a ton of a questions? i know no one is pointing a gun to my head but what do people typically do after the lectures? questions are of utmost importance to me and doing the videos plus reviewing the day's worth of info might leave little to no time for some solid question practice

i'm not really sure what my goal score is to be honest. i just want to do the best i can, not look back w/ any regrets.

i do not review the material once i'm through watching videos b/c i take a while to get through them, writing things down and trying to do the quizzes thoroughly. b/c i've only been doing 48Q/day while using DIT, i want to push through a lot of questions during my last 2 weeks before step 1. reviewing my FA and doing world Q's may be all i end up doing b/c i, too, feel that questions are critical.

Quick question for anyone that has gone thru DIT.

I will be starting it tomorrow. I plan on going through it day by day in the order that they set up. I also want to do one UWorld block of 48 per day on random. Do you guys suggest doing the UWorld before or after the course videos for the day?

Quick question for anyone that has gone thru DIT.

I will be starting it tomorrow. I plan on going through it day by day in the order that they set up. I also want to do one UWorld block of 48 per day on random. Do you guys suggest doing the UWorld before or after the course videos for the day?

This is probably personal, but I'm finding that mornings are best. I like waking up and hitting questions so that I can somewhat simulate test day. I started doing that a couple days ago and seems to be working ok so far. I then do one lecture. And after that I go back and spend about two hours reviewing Uworld. It's a nice way to break up the day.

i do dit videos in the morning from 7am-2pm. then world questions + review questions from 3-7pm. then review DIT 8-10pm

Do yall think that the DIT course will be as useful for the new version? Since we dont really know how drastic the changes are, will it still be effective? Just wondering

Do yall think that the DIT course will be as useful for the new version? Since we dont really know how drastic the changes are, will it still be effective? Just wondering

If you're talking about the changes to the USMLE, there are no changes affecting test content, only format so course will be just as useful as before.

i do dit videos in the morning from 7am-2pm. then world questions + review questions from 3-7pm. then review DIT 8-10pm

they say the DIT videos can be done in 5 HOURs MAX including all the quizzes/notes or whatever (this even includes two 20 min breaks I think). is this true? i'm noticing a lot more people work through it slower than what they say

Members don't see this ad :)
they say the DIT videos can be done in 5 HOURs MAX including all the quizzes/notes or whatever (this even includes two 20 min breaks I think). is this true? i'm noticing a lot more people work through it slower than what they say

No chance. Many days of videos are 5-6 hours long of content (before pausing). If you are like me and have to pause to add stuff to your FA, and you pause for the questions, you can almost double that.

Just wondering if anyone else is pissed that he skips alot of what's written and doesn't mention it. I'm just starting day two and I've noticed him doing this more and more.

Just wondering if anyone else is pissed that he skips alot of what's written and doesn't mention it. I'm just starting day two and I've noticed him doing this more and more.

That's sort of the point. You can't cover every word written in First Aid in 3 weeks, so he skips some of the lower yield stuff to make the review work with a compressed time frame.

Just my .02 about the course so far (and I'm getting lonely spending 14 hours/day in my office w/o human contact :) :) :) )

On Day 3 so far and am liking the forced First Aid review and, overall, his addition of information is valuable to me. The quizzing is awesome for me cause I suck at memorization...the more times I see something, the more likely I'll remember.

However, I second the annoyance factor of his mispronunciations... um chi squared is NOT pronounced Chai (although it did make me want some tea...). And Metronidazole IS used for some fungal infections not just bacterial infections. I also find the review of the high yield pathology pages a waste of my time w/o learning the guts of the diseases first. And, 5 hours...oh please...so far it has taken me a good 7 hours to get through the 3 lectures per day. (but I'm slow and like to write everything into First Aid)

Am doing UW and Rx 48 questions each every day. Are you guys doing questions on just what was covered during that day's lectures or doing all topics? Would love to start seeing an improvement, but not so much yet :).

Last edited:
Just my .02 about the course so far (and I'm getting lonely spending 14 hours/day in my office w/o human contact :) :) :) )

On Day 3 so far and am liking the forced First Aid review and, overall, his addition of information is valuable to me. The quizzing is awesome for me cause I suck at memorization...the more times I see something, the more likely I'll remember.

However, I second the annoyance factor of his mispronunciations... um chi squared is NOT pronounced Chai (although it did make me want some tea...). And Metronidazole IS used for some fungal infections not just bacterial infections. I also find the review of the high yield pathology pages a waste of my time w/o learning the guts of the diseases first. And, 5 hours...oh please...so far it has taken me a good 7 hours to get through the 3 lectures per day. (but I'm slow and like to write everything into First Aid)

Am doing UW and Rx 48 questions each every day. Are you guys doing questions on just what was covered during that day's lectures or doing all topics? Would love to start seeing an improvement, but not so much yet :).

Its taking me 7ish hours to get through a days worth as well. After 13 days of DIT, my uworld went up about 10% and went from 203 on nbme6 to 221 on uwsa1. so, he's been pretty accurate with his projections for me at least (but that's probably because i wasn't starting off at 240 pre study lol). i try to do 75 ?s a day, all random.

i just bought the bullet and ordered the course. if somehow my diagnostic says i'm at like 235 then i'll return it. but other than that, anything to get me through first aid again because it is SO BORING. not even the perverted first aid pnemonics get me excited anymore.

No doubt this helps people due to repetition and setting a good schedule, but Dr. Jenkins is definitely not worth $700 bucks a pop. He's truly ripping off his future colleagues by taking advantage of the necessity that we have as medical students to score well.

Decent job on the idea of what he is doing, but failure on the cost.

No doubt this helps people due to repetition and setting a good schedule, but Dr. Jenkins is definitely not worth $700 bucks a pop. He's truly ripping off his future colleagues by taking advantage of the necessity that we have as medical students to score well.

Decent job on the idea of what he is doing, but failure on the cost.
Maybe not worth it for you. For me, that's a small price to pay to get through FA, because there's no way I'm doing it on my own. And it is unlikely that I am better off financially than you, since I am living entirely on loans, and I even still have a car payment.

Maybe not worth it for you. For me, that's a small price to pay to get through FA, because there's no way I'm doing it on my own. And it is unlikely that I am better off financially than you, since I am living entirely on loans, and I even still have a car payment.

Who isn't living off loans?

He's capitalizing off someone else's book.

Who isn't living off loans?

He's capitalizing off someone else's book.

I understand what you are saying, but I disagree. If the authors of First Aid do not offer a course to "teach" FA, then I see no problem in Dr. Jenkins stepping in. This is the only course of its kind, and I am grateful that it is offered. Since I am largely an "auditory" learner, listening to someone discuss FA in an efficient and interesting way has been very helpful.

As far as the $700... it's far less than Kaplan, and he deserves kudos for putting the course together. This is entrepreneurial capitalism at its best!!! :laugh: I don't begrudge him the dough at all.

Kaplan put together a solid set of 6 or so books themselves. They hired the experts within EACH field. They deserve to be paid.

With what this guy is teaching, I could teach the class. Stand behind a podium, look at my annotated first aid and read you my notes. Would you pay me $700?

Kaplan put together a solid set of 6 or so books themselves. They hired the experts within EACH field. They deserve to be paid.

With what this guy is teaching, I could teach the class. Stand behind a podium, look at my annotated first aid and read you my notes. Would you pay me $700?

...maybe in two years when you have "MD" behind your name
:laugh::laugh:

My school also hired experts in each field (I hope). They taught me, and I appreciated it. After that, I wanted an expert in Step I test taking, and Goljan doesn't have his own video lecture series. Someone who reads student surveys, writes his own high yield questions and probably takes the test himself.

The lecturer is basically that helpful upperclassman or anatomy tutor (I'm willing to bet he got started tutoring MS2's as an MS3/4, and realized he could make money doing it). He lets you know what the professor likes to test you on, tips that aren't in the notes, and stuff that will probably come in handy on the wards. He's not an academic professor, and he doesn't really have much to add to the material, besides what he's seen on rotations and in previous tests, and that's probably going to frustrate a lot of people who already have mastered the basic content.

what is the study schedule DIT reminds as you do their course? i know its 15 days of 3.5 hrs of video a day...but wat are u suppose to do after the 16th day ? can some1 post their syllabus or something..

To give my 2 cents, I just recently finished the course and am going to be taking my Step 1 in a couple of weeks.

I personally didn't do it the way they suggested. I took the course during a break about 2 months before I knew I was taking Step 1. I went through it each day, 3 videos a day, for 15 days straight. I thought it was a great course, but I am someone who likes being lectured to, and found his explanations helpful. Yes, some of what he does it read straight out of the book, but he also explains a lot of stuff too. For example, I could never understand the cardiology physiology graphs until he explained them; now they are the easiest questions when I get them on my Qbank.

I think it helped doing them a bit earlier; now I have time to go over FA a couple of times before my test, re-listen and read Goljan, and do a lot of questions. I also now know what my weaknesses are, so I can highlight them in my study schedule and focus more time on them. I'd personally recommend that way, but that's just me.

Overall, course was gold. :)

My school hired experts in each field, a few of whom and written their textbooks. They mostly werent very good at teaching (with a few exceptions) and I never went to their classes because it was less efficient than learning on my own.

Teaching is a skill and most people don't do it very well. There's also not a lot of correlation between being a 'subject matter expert' and being a good teacher: you can be an excellent teacher using someone elses book and a terrible teacher using your own. If you could teach I might pay you $700 to boost my Step I score, but odds are you can't which is why you will slog through residency and starve in Obamacare with the rest of us.

BTW if I hadn't made this clear I really hate med school's obsession with 'subject matter experts'. I would be much happier paying my obscene tuition for people with experience (and degrees) teaching the sciences rather than doctors who (again, with a few of exceptions) seem to have no interest in or talent for teaching anything other than maybe their own research.

Last edited:
what is the study schedule DIT reminds as you do their course? i know its 15 days of 3.5 hrs of video a day...but wat are u suppose to do after the 16th day ? can some1 post their syllabus or something..

The course is supposed to be at the end of your study schedule, after you've gone through FA at least once before. Once you start your schedule should look like this:

Day 1-5: DIT
Day 6-7: Review and an NBME practice test
Day 8-12: DIT
Day 13-14: Review and an NBME practice test
Day 15-19: DIT
Day 19-21: Review and an NBME practice test

After you're done with the course he recommends that you wait at least long enough to go through First Aid at least one more time before the test, going through 75 pages a day (5 day review). He also recommends that you take the test within 2 weeks of finishing the course, so if you want more review (like going through a second pass of UWorld) you have up to 9 days to do it.

The course is supposed to be at the end of your study schedule, after you've gone through FA at least once before. Once you start your schedule should look like this:

After you're done with the course he recommends that you wait at least long enough to go through First Aid at least one more time before the test, going through 75 pages a day (5 day review). He also recommends that you take the test within 2 weeks of finishing the course, so if you want more review (like going through a second pass of UWorld) you have up to 9 days to do it.

thank you..YOU ARE THE BEST!!!.. you are a life saver!~

This is pretty much the exact schedule I followed, and worked out great. I saw a +25 point improvement over the duration of the course. I think the review days sprinkled in add a lot to the efficacy of the course.

This is pretty much the exact schedule I followed, and worked out great. I saw a +25 point improvement over the duration of the course. I think the review days sprinkled in add a lot to the efficacy of the course.

hey captopril, would you mind sharing what you started at before DIT and what you ended with?

I start DIT tomorrow!! eeek!!!

that schedule

"Day 1-5: DIT
Day 19-21: Review and an NBME practice test"

looks fantastic.. however with my scheduled test date of jul 2 if I went this route it would put me at 5 days before my real exam.. is that pushing it too close.. its essentially 4 days since i'm not gonna study the day before.. ill get all anxious if I do.. im gonna relax and watch tv all day. :/

my score only increased by 10 points. I'm pretty disappointed after 3 weeks doing DIT.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do now? I'm currently only in 220s, would like to get 240. I have 2 weeks to go :(

just completed day 8/15.. this course def takes up 70% of my day but I still find it worth it so far.. I will report back after saturday when I take UWSA and will have gone though 12/15 days of DIT and let you guys know how much my score has improved since day 1

my score only increased by 10 points. I'm pretty disappointed after 3 weeks doing DIT.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do now? I'm currently only in 220s, would like to get 240. I have 2 weeks to go :(

Re-read FA with all the annotations from DIT, and read the DIT book with it. This course should add about 20 points from your pre-course baseline.

This guy is a complete jack-*****. He seriously has no idea what the hell he is talking about. He is actually very awkward when he talks or explains stuff. His jokes are pathetic. Unless something is right there on that page, he has no idea what the hell is going on! Seriously, there are too many sections of FA where he says, "that's good how they have it, I dont have anything to add, I am not gonna talk about it, so lets move on". Ummmmm, you never have anything to add anyways!!! All this jack-ass did was take a 40 dollar book and make videos of him reading it!! I am sooooo glad I didnt pay a penny for this *****'s videos and I got them for free. THATS RIGHT!! FREE!! BOOT-LEG!! PERFECT QUALITY!!! AND I HOPE HE READS THIS!!! I will give the vids to anyone on this site for free! The ONLY reason I am going along with his dumb ass, is because I am so sick of studying, I wont go through each page on my own! And I find myself correcting him alot which is a good sign.

and one more thing!! this guy has to be the most perverted human being I have ever seen!!!!! Who the FU** says - A, as in apple-bottom jeans.!!!!!???? :eek::eek::eek: What a creep!! He is always making these references for sexual remarks. C as in COOLIO? Buddy, your not cool!! nor will you ever get laid!! Go to a strip club and take it out on a 2 dollar lap dance!!

Thank you for listening to my rant ppl. All in all. If you have severe ADD like me, and u need to go along with someone, this is decent. But dont pay a dime for his vids or give this horn-ball any of your money! Get them for free b/c they are totally out there!!

This guy is a complete jack-*****. He seriously has no idea what the hell he is talking about. He is actually very awkward when he talks or explains stuff. His jokes are pathetic. Unless something is right there on that page, he has no idea what the hell is going on! Seriously, there are too many sections of FA where he says, "that's good how they have it, I dont have anything to add, I am not gonna talk about it, so lets move on". Ummmmm, you never have anything to add anyways!!! All this jack-ass did was take a 40 dollar book and make videos of him reading it!! I am sooooo glad I didnt pay a penny for this *****'s videos and I got them for free. THATS RIGHT!! FREE!! BOOT-LEG!! PERFECT QUALITY!!! AND I HOPE HE READS THIS!!! I will give the vids to anyone on this site for free! The ONLY reason I am going along with his dumb ass, is because I am so sick of studying, I wont go through each page on my own! And I find myself correcting him alot which is a good sign.

and one more thing!! this guy has to be the most perverted human being I have ever seen!!!!! Who the FU** says - A, as in apple-bottom jeans.!!!!!???? :eek::eek::eek: What a creep!! He is always making these references for sexual remarks. C as in COOLIO? Buddy, your not cool!! nor will you ever get laid!! Go to a strip club and take it out on a 2 dollar lap dance!!

Thank you for listening to my rant ppl. All in all. If you have severe ADD like me, and u need to go along with someone, this is decent. But dont pay a dime for his vids or give this horn-ball any of your money! Get them for free b/c they are totally out there!!

How about you not steal ****. I'm sorry you're so angry at the guy you robbed before you had a reason to be angry at him, but those of us who thought the course was worthwhile would not like to see the price double or the course go away because you feel like gettng vengance on him for wasting your time. When you shoplift at Walmart you don't rob the store, you rob everyone else in the store. They're the ones who actually have to pay more when you drive the prices up.

The ONLY reason I am going along with his dumb ass, is because I am so sick of studying, I wont go through each page on my own!

This is one of the major reasons why a lot of people do in fact get the program- it helps people get through FA when they don't think they have the willpower to alone.

I'm ok with your post in that you dislike the course- I do as well and I'm not using it any more, but seeing as though you're using the videos as a crutch cus you can't read FA by yourself any more (and therefore gaining something from DIT), you might as well be respectful about your opinions- instead of sounding like some outraged clown. good luck

i really hope you end up doing well on the test because of things you remembered while watching the videos- maybe you'll come back and edit your old post.

Thanks for offering me the free gift pedzplz, but after your review of this bum course, you would have to pay me to watch the vids.

This guy is a complete jack-*****. He seriously has no idea what the hell he is talking about. He is actually very awkward when he talks or explains stuff. His jokes are pathetic. Unless something is right there on that page, he has no idea what the hell is going on! Seriously, there are too many sections of FA where he says, "that's good how they have it, I dont have anything to add, I am not gonna talk about it, so lets move on". Ummmmm, you never have anything to add anyways!!! All this jack-ss did was take a 40 dollar book and make videos of him reading it!!

I guess you get what you pay for.

Seriously, I've never seen someone whine so much about something that they stole.

LOL!

I was going to refrain myself from posting this, but I have to say that my DIT experience has also been less-than-ideal. I don't think it is an intrinsically terrible study plan, but I think the people raving about it have probably followed the 12 or 20 week plan to the T, and that's what you need to do in order to realize the big score gains. I tricked myself into thinking just doing the videos/supplement would be an easy fix for no previous studying and made it the crux of my dedicated time--huge mistake! I started with a 206 baseline and got a 212 when I was almost done with the program. I had a hunch this wasn't for me about a few days in, but I stuck with it and now regret it.

With my test only a few days away and my score now at 220 (goal was 240), I am opting to defer my first block and study more using a Goljan-centered approach, which is what I should have done in the first place. Sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do...

Buyer-beware: If you feel like you need more than a cursory review in certain topics, DIT won't suddenly make you 'see the light', (at least not in the way Goljan does).

I swear, if Goljan ever decided to put together a similar product, I couldn't imagine who wouldn't buy it. It would be as crazy as not getting UW.....

LOL!

I was going to refrain myself from posting this, but I have to say that my DIT experience has also been less-than-ideal. I don't think it is an intrinsically terrible study plan, but I think the people raving about it have probably followed the 12 or 20 week plan to the T, and that's what you need to do in order to realize the big score gains. I tricked myself into thinking just doing the videos/supplement would be an easy fix for no previous studying and made it the crux of my dedicated time--huge mistake! I started with a 206 baseline and got a 212 when I was almost done with the program. I had a hunch this wasn't for me about a few days in, but I stuck with it and now regret it.

With my test only a few days away and my score now at 220 (goal was 240), I am opting to defer my first block and study more using a Goljan-centered approach, which is what I should have done in the first place. Sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do...

Buyer-beware: If you feel like you need more than a cursory review in certain topics, DIT won't suddenly make you 'see the light', (at least not in the way Goljan does).

I swear, if Goljan ever decided to put together a similar product, I couldn't imagine who wouldn't buy it. It would be as crazy as not getting UW.....
You're supposed to have gone through FA once or twice before even starting the program.

We have determined that several testimonials in this thread were posted by DIT employees posing as medical students using multiple accounts. These posts have been deleted.

As with any post on SDN, but particularly in the USMLE/COMLEX forums where commercial products are frequently discussed, bear in mind that some users may not be who they seem to be.

We have determined that several testimonials in this thread were posted by DIT employees posing as medical students using multiple accounts. These posts have been deleted.

As with any post on SDN, but particularly in the USMLE/COMLEX forums where commercial products are frequently discussed, bear in mind that some users may not be who they seem to be.

wow, well this course just lost my respect even more

wow, well this course just lost my respect even more

Yeah seriously. I saw jeebus' post in the Step II forum and was legitimately butt-hurt. I actually liked the Step I course, but after this bout of shadiness, I'm inclined to skip it for Step II even though I was initially planning on purchasing it next week. Looks like they got too big for their britches and tried to play SDN. Little did they know, house always wins.