Does Amazon.com ship to the carribean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedPeter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I was just wondering if Amazon.com shipped stuff to St. George University (SGU). I am probably heading out there for medical school in Fall 2006. I'm pretty sure i can handle the developing nation conditions cause i studied abroad in Vietnam for 5 months.

I just want to know if i can order stuff from amazon.com! That way i can get all the videogames, health supplies, and books i could ever want in the states!!!

Man, if i had to wait until winter breaks to get brandname toilet paper or the latest dan brown novel, living abroad would be that much tougher. (yes i had to use the roughest thinnest toilet paper in Vietnam and it was not fun =\ )

I know my concern may be trivial to you guys, but its really important for me to have access to american goods, and as long as i have that i can feel at home =]

-Peter

Members don't see this ad.

I'm assuming you are being serious, so I'll post a reply.

I think Amazon does ship, but it takes a LONG time. I also know that things can be sent via fed ex, but it is expensive. Also, remember that almost everything has a tarrif on it. Once it reaches the island, it's pretty much no holds bar, they pretty much make up the rules. If there is absolutley something you need I'd recommend taking it with you, but remember that luggage is a big issue as well. They tell you to bring personal hygiene stuff, but you'll find many things down there. If I had to go down there again, I'd fill up one of my suitcases just with canned goods, or other things like rummen (sp?) noodles. Unfortunately, it is these things that made going to school in the carribbean a pain in the butt, but then again you are there to study. Good luck.

I think Amazon does ship, but it takes a LONG time. I also know that things can be sent via fed ex, but it is expensive. Also, remember that almost everything has a tarrif on it. Once it reaches the island, it's pretty much no holds bar, they pretty much make up the rules. If there is absolutley something you need I'd recommend taking it with you, but remember that luggage is a big issue as well. They tell you to bring personal hygiene stuff, but you'll find many things down there. If I had to go down there again, I'd fill up one of my suitcases just with canned goods, or other things like rummen (sp?) noodles. Unfortunately, it is these things that made going to school in the carribbean a pain in the butt, but then again you are there to study. Good luck.

Oh by the way, if you live in the dorms, you'll get free toilet paper. It may not be the softest thing around, but believe me, you'll be thankful you have it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with "MD Dreams"

MD Dreams said:

Are you serious? You can't get something as simple as books mailed to you?

You can pay about 20 usd a year and get something called a skybox.
They then give you a mailing address in Miami FL, and you ship it there.
It takes a couple of days to have it delivered from that shipping company after that.That's how I usually get my stuff from amazon.com , and I'm from Trinidad.

http://www.skyboxusa.net/eng/country.asp?country=grenada

whoa, I just looked at that website -- that's an awesome idea! thanx!

Angel

No problem. The rates aren't that bad either.

Nice. Skybox is a great way to get stuff efficiently. Thanks for the info.

IndianBabu