Does AMCAS accelerate verification if you submit early decision?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

believe <3

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read someone's post in last year's verification thread that they submitted in August and were verified 9 hours later. Is this something AMCAS accelerates?

Members don't see this ad.

For ED applicants, Yes.

This is interesting. If this is the case though, what is stopping people from submitting early decision, receiving speedy verification, and then withdrawing from the ED program soon after to add regular decision schools after the verification like normal?

Members don't see this ad :)
I read someone's post in last year's verification thread that they submitted in August and were verified 9 hours later. Is this something AMCAS accelerates?

I applied EDP this year. Submitted on the 16th, verified 38 minutes later.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Once an application is verified and transmitted, withdrawing from a program is no longer possible. No matter if you tell the school your are no longer interested, your AMCAS application is already marked as ED.. If you were to add schools you would be in violation of agreement you verified when you submitted AMCAS. To do so would risk a "nuclear response" from AMCAS that could include banning. In that case you would take the proper nuclear blast position with your head between your knees kissing your a$$ goodbye

Then, how do people withdraw from schools they are no longer interested in? I hear SDNers talk about withdrawing all the time, so I'm confused :confused:
Are you saying we would have to wait until Oct. 1st regardless to add new schools or withdraw from the ED program? We can't tell AMCAS we are not interested in ED anymore? Does the same go for MD/PhD (like if an applicant later decides to do only MD)?

Then, how do people withdraw from schools they are no longer interested in? I hear SDNers talk about withdrawing all the time, so I'm confused :confused:
Are you saying we would have to wait until Oct. 1st regardless to add new schools or withdraw from the ED program? We can't tell AMCAS we are not interested in ED anymore? Does the same go for MD/PhD (like if an applicant later decides to do only MD)?
You shouldn't be applying ED unless you are absolutely, unequivocally certain that, if accepted, you would attend _______SOM. If you're not certain, than the answer is simple: don't apply ED. When you apply ED, you are entering into a "gentlemen's agreement" with AMCAS and the medical school where you apply that you will only apply to that ONE school. Until October, you can't just back out of the agreement. That's why people don't apply through ED lightly.

Reactions: 1 user