Does AMCAS need your transcripts again 2nd time around?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZainZ

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry this is kind of a boring topic, but when reapplying do you need to send AMCAS a transcript that didn't change since your first application (ie. grades from a study abroad experience)?
Do they keep material you submitted to them the first time?

Thanks a lot,

Z

Members don't see this ad.

you've gotta send them again....sucks i know.....

Members don't see this ad :)
It blows monkey goats....

Its even better when they mix up your last year application cycle with the current one. Forcing you to send your transcripts over again. Yay!

Just make sure your transcripts are sent with the sheet that says they are for the 2005 application cycle.

By the sheet that indicates the 2005 application cycle, do you mean the transcript request form? Or is there another sheet?

Also, can you send your transcripts to AMCAS before your application has been submitted? I was planning on submitting my application in the next two weeks, and am trying to time when to send my transcripts.

huxley said:
By the sheet that indicates the 2005 application cycle, do you mean the transcript request form? Or is there another sheet?

Also, can you send your transcripts to AMCAS before your application has been submitted? I was planning on submitting my application in the next two weeks, and am trying to time when to send my transcripts.

Yes, I think the previous poster meant the transcript request form.

Yes, you can send your transcripts to AMCAS before submitting your application, but you have to fill out the coursework section before the site lets you print transcript request forms. (If you're in a rush, just fill out something for the the coursework section, print out the forms, and then go back later and update your coursework.

Thanks for the info, Redstar18.

Amy B said:
It is just like starting all over again. Sorry. :(

Well, this time they refill the AMCAS with your previous info, so at least that's a boon.

Good luck to all us reapplicants. Get this sucka in the first week or two and you're ahead of the game already!!!