Does AMCAS verify faster for early decision applicants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rocketbooster

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title pretty much says it all. I submitted my AMCAS a few weeks ago like my EDP school recommended, but AMCAS has been giving me trouble with my transcripts grrrr. It should hopefully be fixed this week.

I thought I read on here somewhere that AMCAS puts all EDP applicants on top of the pile for verification. Can anyone confirm this?

I tried asking AMCAS myself by asking, "Does AMCAS verify EDP applicants faster than RD?" She answered," Not necessarily..." She didn't really seem to know...haha

Anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

Absolutely- I just submitted today for ED and was verified within 20 minutes.

Members don't see this ad :)
But this prevents you from being allowed to apply to other schools through AAMCAS, right? Can someone verify this (no pun intended)?

But this prevents you from being allowed to apply to other schools through AAMCAS, right? Can someone verify this (no pun intended)?

Pretty sure you can only apply at others schools once a decision has been made at your ED school. Don't quote me, though.

Yes. That's the point of EDP.
i think you can apply...like october or around there...to the rest of schools.

my premed advisor said it's not smart to do unless you REALLY REALLY know you're getting in and are getting STRONG wink wink nudge nudges from the school. cuz otherwise, you are wayyy behind everyone in october.

i think you can apply...like october or around there...to the rest of schools.

my premed advisor said it's not smart to do unless you REALLY REALLY know you're getting in and are getting STRONG wink wink nudge nudges from the school. cuz otherwise, you are wayyy behind everyone in october.

You can apply to other schools around October because that is the latest you'll hear regarding your EDP admission decision. While you're actively being considered by the school you applied EDP for, you cannot apply to any other schools. If they decide to reject you or defer you to the regular applicant pool, you can then add other schools.

Right. EDP gets you done faster - but that doesn't help you. Unlike regular admissions, EDP (by and large) is not a rolling admissions process, you're just applying for the few EDP slots. They'll look at all the applications (which are verified fast to make sure the adcoms will have them all in time to consider them for EDP slots) and fill their slots.

Being earlier doesn't help with EDP in the same way it would help for a regular slot, and ensures that you will be on the late end for those regular slots. This is why it only pays to apply EDP if you really only want the one school.

Last edited: